Hacking best and cleanest way to backup SysNand?

i1291361

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
  • Having a 9.0 NEW 3ds
  • Can borrow a gateway 3ds card and a “The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time 3D” with hack save
Is running sysnand backup from gateway the cleanest way?

After I returned the gateway card, what CFW is recommended to play CIA in emuNAND?

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is running sysnandbackup from gateway the cleanest way? Yes, that's the way to go.

I use rxTools but for N3DS you could use either Reinand or CakesFW.

There is a bit of preference involved, so you should try them yourself and make your own opinion.

i1291361

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is running sysnandbackup from gateway the cleanest way? Yes, that's the way to go.

I use rxTools but for N3DS you could use either Reinand or CakesFW.

There is a bit of preference involved, so you should try them yourself and make your own opinion.
At the moment, only RXtoolswithPasta, CakesFW, ReiNand are available for 9.0~9.2 cia play right?
Haven't got to try them, but only RXtoolswithPasta had this nand dump thing?

one thing I'm confused was the type of mode:
  • We have the original Gateway hacked sysnand(will be reset if play a ds game)
  • EmuNAND for flash card and cia
  • EmuNAND Classic mode for retail card
But cross bonding to the CFW, say using menuhax 2.0/themehax. Do we get a hacked sysnand that could be reset by changing the theme? And do we install the devmenu or BigBlueBox to the sysnand or EmuNAND?

Use Raspberry Pi.
Soldering to a card reader? Isn't really the cleanest way physically, though in term of soft mode

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment, only RXtoolswithPasta, CakesFW, ReiNand are available for 9.0~9.2 cia play right?

But cross bonding to the CFW, say using menuhax 2.0/themehax. Do we get a hacked sysnand that could be reset by changing the theme? And do we install the devmenu or BigBlueBox to the sysnand or EmuNAND?

You are overcomplicating yourself, getting Gateway emunand used with rxTools allows you to install cia games and play retail cards too. That's why youinstall BigBlueMenu in emunand. You don't need it in sysnand.

Menuhax 2.0 is theme dependant, you change the theme in sysnand = remove the hack, will have to install Menuhax again.

But can still change themes in emunand.

NANDS have to be unlinked.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Soldering to a card reader? Isn't really the cleanest way physically, though in term of soft mode

YOu just went from discussing the "best and cleanest" way to back up sysnand, to some b.s. about a gateway hacked sysnand. Never heard of that shit. Stick to the topic/

Soldering the card read helps you restore your sysnand so yes IT WILL BE NEEDED when the time comes.

i1291361

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
YOu just went from discussing the "best and cleanest" way to back up sysnand, to some b.s. about a gateway hacked sysnand. Never heard of that shit. Stick to the topic/

Soldering the card read helps you restore your sysnand so yes IT WILL BE NEEDED when the time comes.
Sure, back to the topic, let me see...

It appears that running Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D is complete offline,
while Cubic Ninja requires some sort of wifi connection.

so Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D with hacked save + gateway3ds = best, easiest and cleanest way to backup SysNand?

Last edited by i1291361,
D

Deleted-236924

You don't even need a GW card to access their launcher and backup sysnand. If you can get the hacked save onto your OoT3D then you can start up the launcher and backup sysnand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.