Homebrew Best Alternative to Pokemon Bank?

JoshiYoshi64

Elite
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
OK, so recently I got banned then unbanned.

While I was banned I was stressed about my pokemon in the official pokemon bank I couldn't access.

So I want to get all my pokemon out of there asap and into some other bank.

I know there is pksm and phbank, are there any others? Are there any with the pokedex function that the official one has?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so recently I got banned then unbanned.

While I was banned I was stressed about my pokemon in the official pokemon bank I couldn't access.

So I want to get all my pokemon out of there asap and into some other bank.

I know there is pksm and phbank, are there any others? Are there any with the pokedex function that the official one has?
What's wrong with pksm? It's the best and pretty much the only option out there, and it works perfectly. You can also view everything about each Pokemon in it too. There is no pokedex though and likely never will.

Reactions: ThoD

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only issue I had with PKSM is when I migrated a few pokemon from Sumo into the bank, then moved them to USUM. But one pokemon was stuck in the bank, which was Feebas that I caught in-game fairly. Other than that it's a handy bank that will never let you down since its not tied behind a paywall or behind servers. It's stored locally on your SD card.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
PKSM's bank feature is the best since, even if you max it out, you can just swap the file they are stored in to get even more space or even send multiple boxes to someone (send the PKSM bank save). Why do you want the Pokedex function? It's useless and you can just use PKHeX to fill out the dex instantly anytime you want!:P

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Same here, PKSM works great for me. You really got a limited choice on what to use since you've been banned already.
Homebrew is the only way to go. Perhaps you might wanna try it and post issues if you find one or request features you want on their github.
At least it will help improve the app. It's really good. You should check it out. ;)

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only issue I had with PKSM is when I migrated a few pokemon from Sumo into the bank, then moved them to USUM. But one pokemon was stuck in the bank, which was Feebas that I caught in-game fairly. Other than that it's a handy bank that will never let you down since its not tied behind a paywall or behind servers. It's stored locally on your SD card.
What do you mean stuck?

SoslanVanWieren

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What's wrong with pksm? It's the best and pretty much the only option out there, and it works perfectly. You can also view everything about each Pokemon in it too. There is no pokedex though and likely never will.
there isn't' a problem with it now but when the switch game comes the only way to move your pokemon to it will be the official bank. I don't except the switch to be easily hack able even by the time the switch pokemon game comes out.

Last edited by SoslanVanWieren,

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean stuck?
Literally can't copy Feebas from my bank to my PC in PKSM. I can pick it up but it can't be placed into the PC. The other pokemon were moveable just fine and all my pokemon are caught in-game from Sumo. I heard someone else having the same issue with a totem pokemon. It's fine because I restarted in ultra sun and catching everything all over again. Didn't get too far in sun before.

YTElias

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yeah like the others say PKSM is the best option
Generate Simply every pokemon you want and change the stats attacks and so...
When you want the items in the game i only now PkHex that has the feature
I never tried PhBank
EDIT:I Tried PhBank but it just gives me an infinite loading! screen

Last edited by YTElias,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, phbank has been pronounced dead, and has no gen 7 support, since pksm does that just fine. I believe pksm has a just bank mode as well.

Last edited by Giodude,

LeifEricson

Coming Soon™
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Literally can't copy Feebas from my bank to my PC in PKSM. I can pick it up but it can't be placed into the PC. The other pokemon were moveable just fine and all my pokemon are caught in-game from Sumo. I heard someone else having the same issue with a totem pokemon. It's fine because I restarted in ultra sun and catching everything all over again. Didn't get too far in sun before.

Try selecting and picking up a Pokemon from the game's box, then selecting the Feebas in the Bank box. This force swaps them and allowed me to move literally anything, including my Ash hat Pikachu and putting Gen 7 Pokemon into Gen 6 saves (which of course came out as glitch Pokemon.)

Reactions: MattKimura
D

Deleted User

PKSM. If you manually copy the pokemon from the bank one at a time to the game it should register in the pokedex.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys know you can just use your PC as a bank right? Just use the dump (all) boxes function in PKHeX and create a new folder for your pokemon. Then you can even keep them on a cloud drive, external etc. You'll never lose them.

Reactions: MattKimura

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.