Best AGP Vid Card?

MrKuenning

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Calm down guys. I bought it for my dad, he is not a gamer, and it was cheeper than the others at the time. I build systems alot, I am a network admin. So dont give me crap about two video cards. My point was that he would do better off building one.

Plus I was pulling the specs off the top of my head. So its 320 rather than 340. BIG WHOOP!

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As I said I do want a new PCI-E VGA cards but then I will need an new motherboard and If i need a new motherboard I will also need a new processor and powersupply and memory or in other words: A whole new computer, and I just ain't got the money for that.

it wouldn't make much difference replace AGP cards... probably best to save up and buy a new PC?

arthurkok2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
As I said I do want a new PCI-E VGA cards but then I will need an new motherboard and If i need a new motherboard I will also need a new processor and powersupply and memory or in other words: A whole new computer, and I just ain't got the money for that.

it wouldn't make much difference replace AGP cards... probably best to save up and buy a new PC?

i agree AGP is being phased out quicker than u can say bob ur uncle.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
OK well here is my 2 cents.

Most motherboards support IDE hard drives and I think some are backwards compatible if your older ram is DDR. Sound cards and most PCI devices you can drop into a newer motherboard, however you do not have to drop a huge amount of cash to get a new one. You can buy a good motherboard for under 150 dollars and if you have to replace your RAM, 2 GB's of DDR2 memory only costs about 75 bucks if you go for something like OCZ or Corsair. The thing is that AGP cards are rediculously expensive to replace, for the price you could just upgrade your motherboard and get a decent graphics card for the cost of the best AGP card (which is about 300 dollars).

BFG 8600 GT 256 MB = 100 USD
Intel motherboard ~100 USD
OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2 GB DDR2 800 Mhz RAM = 70 USD

AGP ATI Radeon X1950 XT = 290 USD

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not much point in upgrading an AGP card imo. Too expensive for what it is (minimal gains) Maybe get a second hand one somewhere.

I'd save up and get a new computer, it might take you a while but it'll be worth it. You can keep some of your old parts. eg. HD, DVDROM etc.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
QUOTE said:
You don't know much about computers if you think theres a 340MB GTS. And that card is more expensive and inferior the the 8800GT 512MB. Otherwise the PC is pretty good =p

The GeForce 8800GT 512MB performs better then GeForce 8800gts 340mb

8800spec_compare.png

hl2_02.png

bioshock.png

pt_01.png

3dmark_02.png

That's why I said the 8800GTS 320MB is INFerior the the 8800GT not SUperior. Learn to read next time
lecture.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality