Hacking Best/affordable card?

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey there. I haven't been part of the scene for a long time now. (I used to own a bunch of DS flashcards.) but have been out of the loop. Last I heard 3DS flashcards were very expensive. Has that changed? what's a good one? Any info would be great, thank you..

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The important thing you didnt say, which firmware you have?

If you have firmware under 9.2 you can use cfw.

Impact009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember doing some sort of Gateway software exploit (I've never owned a physical Gateway flashcart) to downgrade my 3DS to use CFW. Has 9.2 blocked downgrading?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I remember doing some sort of Gateway software exploit (I've never owned a physical Gateway flashcart) to downgrade my 3DS to use CFW. Has 9.2 blocked downgrading?
Now downgrading the whole console is pretty much useless, since you can do practically everything on 9.0-9.2 if you downgrade MSET (and you can install ThemeHax for autoboot).
And to answer your question, yes, Nintendo patched the Kernel exploit on 9.3 versions and more recent (so no more downgrading).

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you 9.2 or below you don't need a flash card if you're 9.3 and above your only option is Sky3ds which may or may not be blocked in the future and newer games may not run due to AP (currently 4 titles).

Reactions: aos10

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I'm in canada, is this site legit guys?

http://www.3ds-cart.com/en/home/234...y-3ds-games-on-any-3ds-consoles-directly.html

as I said my new 3DS XL is like firmware 10. something. Do they frequently update the cards? and can they be used online?

The site loads like a mother trucker.

http://sky3ds.com/reseller.html

Canada is under that list and it has a bunch of websites enlisted.

* Nope, it's not like Gateway, the card is un-upgradable, but the templates are, which are required to write games onto the cart. You cannot play games that have AP, which are basically Nintendo franchied games manufactured in 2K15
* Yes, you must write your Private header on the template file for all your games, using something like SkyKnife will help, but by default you shouldn't be going online with their default 3DS template unless you have a game that you own that has online support so you can rip the private header with a powersave device. Else your only option is to search online *can't link you here as you'll get banned* for rom dumps that have [online patched] on their name.

Last edited by Misledz,

kbf

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The site loads like a mother trucker.

http://sky3ds.com/reseller.html

Canada is under that list and it has a bunch of websites enlisted.

* Nope, it's not like Gateway, the card is un-upgradable, but the templates are, which are required to write games onto the cart. You cannot play games that have AP, which are basically Nintendo franchied games manufactured in 2K15
* Yes, you must write your Private header on the template file for all your games, using something like SkyKnife will help, but by default you shouldn't be going online with their default 3DS template unless you have a game that you own that has online support so you can rip the private header with a powersave device. Else your only option is to search online *can't link you here as you'll get banned* for rom dumps that have [online patched] on their name.

this is all a bit confusing. As iv'e said iv'e only dealt with the original DS flashcards.(had a supercard and an acekard.) so each game needs to somehow be manually modified to work online? ok that's fine.

Are these worth it then, if you can only play a few games on them? as you mentioned any game with anti piracy can't be played.

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
this is all a bit confusing. As iv'e said iv'e only dealt with the original DS flashcards.(had a supercard and an acekard.) so each game needs to somehow be manually modified to work online? ok that's fine.

Are these worth it then, if you can only play a few games on them? as you mentioned any game with anti piracy can't be played.

Lol, let me break it down for you since I tried to summarize it. Games that have been produced before 2k15, which are Nintendo and Non Ninty franchised games, they do work, there's about 300+ games that are playable. But the NEW games that are Nintendo franchised, that will release in 2015-16, no. Simply put. So no Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem IF, Animal Crossing HHD. These are all 2015 released games and have been AP patched. Most european games have yet to be patched, so there's that, and about a majority of japanese games that are rarely patched.

Right now there is no solution for Sky people to bypass the AP checks. Gateway yes there is, but you've upgraded so your chances are 0 atm and Gateway doesn't work on 9.2+

Tl;dr, Look here
http://sky3ds.com/download.html

If your game you want to play is not on this list, it has yet to be made into a template or it's AP patched and won't be here.

Last edited by Misledz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: