best 4 player...

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by mrpinkeye, Dec 29, 2011.

1. mrpinkeye
    OP

mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 26, 2011
    i know there is a thread with the best multiplayer games but...

we have 2 wiimotes with pro controllers and 2 gamecube controllers and want to play 4 player games

we know mario kart and smash bros are good. are there any more compatible with out controller limitations?

are there any fps games that can be played 4 player split screen?

thanks in advance

2. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    I'd recommend Metroid Prime Trilogy, but you don't seem to have any nunchucks.

3. rip-it-up

rip-it-up GBAtemp Regular

Oct 19, 2009
    manchester
    Does goldeneye support gc pads i cant remember?

4. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    A list of wii co-op games (I'm not sure if it's complete, though).

I recently played the wiiware game driiftmania with 3 players, on 2 wiimotes and a nunchuck. Not the most advanced game ever, but very fun nonetheless (I think it can be played with up to 8 people at the same time).

5. steveroo

steveroo GBAtemp Fan

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    Oak Bay
    wiiware bit trip beat is fun for at least 10 mintues. I just found out last week its multi player (uses wii motes)

bomberman wiiware is another with 5 person i belive and uses game cube controller.

6. mrpinkeye
    OP

Mar 26, 2011
    we only have 1 nunchuck

i dont even think goldeneye is 2 player, pretty sure me and 1 friend tryed it with no joy :( **update, the wiki page says it has 4 player split screen! i have no idea how to access that though***

i could never get wiiware files to work when i soft modded my wii :(

so for full wii games are we still stuck with mario kart and smash bros? i suppose theyre still really good games but we hoped there would be a few more...

7. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Obviously you know about New Super Mario Bros Wii and Kirby: return to dreamland, right? Oh, and most of the guitar hero/rock band games can be played with 4 players (assuming you've got plenty of instruments).

8. Lucif3r

Lucif3r GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 10, 2011
    Dont forget Mario Party. And Wii Play. Not saying they are good games though :P

And Goldeneye supports splitscreen too. And I think Conduit 2 does too, or maybe thats just 2 player... Meh, I dont really play splitscreen with more than 2 players so Im not sure about 4-player games... HotDOK is very fun 2 player game though :P, especially after a couple of beverages hehe.

9. mrpinkeye
    OP

Mar 26, 2011
    super mario bros, kirby, mario party and wii party wont work with 2 wiimotes/pro controllers and 2 gamecube controllers will they?