Hacking Best 3DS flash cart for me

urbanriot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I know you get a million of these threads and I've tried to do my due diligence and read up on as much as I can on 3DS flash carts, I looked at the NTRboot chart, I looked at the 3DS Flashcart Comparison chart, I read reviews, forum points, etc., but I'm still unclear as to which unit I should purchase. It seems like there's more positive commentary towards the R4i Gold 3DS Plus, Sky3DS+, and Gateway 3DS seems to generate a lot of comments both good and bad. It

• I have a Super NES Edition New 3DS XL
  • I don't care about the price of the cart
  • I'm very tech-savvy and have modded PSP and NDS with CycloDS
  • I want the most compatible cart, one that has the least issues
  • I want the unit that will have good support for the lifetime of DS releases
  • I'd like my save games to be safe
  • I don't want to mod my 3DS XL (soldering, etc.)
Basically I want the most reliable cart and I don't care if it's the most expensive.

Also, does anyone know if I would be able to safely use my CycloDS in the unit?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by urbanriot,
Reactions: DimensionD

DimensionD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems that for DS it's better to get a dedicated DS flashcart from what I understand, from what I am reading the Acekard2i should be one of the best ones out there.

Dunno for 3DS, I am trying to find out the same thing.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
R4i Gold 3DS Plus, Sky3DS+, and Gateway 3DS
You are confusing 3DS flash cards (Gateway, Stargate, and Sky series) with DS flash cards that work on 3DS
(to add to the confusion, some DS flash cards, "reflashed with a certain rom" (ntrboot), are the best way to mod and/or repair a 3DS)

Unless you don't want to mod your console, or really need to move often between different consoles, it's recommended to NOT buy a 3DS flashcard, but rather to install CFW (with ntrboot, hardmod, or version-specific exploits - see the site recommended by @x65943) and install games to the console's SD card; not only it's the most supported option (with plenty of freedom of doing things the way you want) but it's also usually the most convenient in day to day use!

Last edited by Ryccardo,

urbanriot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for sorting me out, at least advising me that I don't know anywhere near as much as I thought I did.

Unless you don't want to mod your console, or really need to move often between different consoles

I'm fine with softmods that don't require a fair bit of attention but I no longer have an interest in hardware modding. I've spent years taking apart and soldering Playstations, Xboxes, Xbox 360s, etc., etc., that I just want to put in a cart and go... ! I updated my post above to say so.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for sorting me out, at least advising me that I don't know anywhere near as much as I thought I did.

I'm fine with softmods that don't require a fair bit of attention but I no longer have an interest in hardware modding. I've spent years taking apart and soldering Playstations, Xboxes, Xbox 360s, etc., etc., that I just want to put in a cart and go... ! I updated my post above to say so.

It is software mod, no need to hard mod anything if you don't want to, there are other available options to get CFW, Dsiware and NTRBoothax.

Tac 21

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you know its a shame... Cyclo DS was the king of the flashcarts way back then.

now? your better off with acekard 2i or R4i Gold

DimensionD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you know its a shame... Cyclo DS was the king of the flashcarts way back then.

now? your better off with acekard 2i or R4i Gold

Why what happened? What would change if you still play on a DS or DS Lite it?

And which CycloDS are you referring to? CycloDS Evolution? CycloDS iEvolution??

Last edited by DimensionD,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/yjrjY6PCb7o?si=xnFz0B2o_adIgLTV +1