• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Bernie Sanders drops out of Presidential Race

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
No, it was in reference to the states.Therefore.

I get that that chick you liked in high school didn't even realize you existed, but it's time to bin the My Chemical Romance t-shirts and mascara and join the real world, and realize things you find funny make people suffer, oftentimes, the most vulrnerable people.

Some deep state irony coming from someone who calls themselves a 'lolbertarian'

Not really, few have had the rise she has had recently.

Glad Foxi will at least admit how childish and ridiculous it was for @SG854 to draw equivalence between AOC and FUCKING HITLER. Grow the fuck up, seriously.

Same swift rise, different outlook on life entirely. She's not an emo shitlord at all, like ol' Adolf was and the radicalized right are.
I find it hilarious that you call anyone left of AOC the "radical left" and anyone right of her the "radical right" - thank goodness, Cortez is the healthy center we've all been waiting for.

Speaking of high school sweethearts, she's not going to date you, buddy. You don't have to churn foam in your mouth just because someone called your dream lady an idiot, and make no mistake, she is an idiot, I'm not planning on retracting that.

When she was questioned about the details of her "Green New Deal", which was estimated to cost *93* trillion dollars over the course of the next decade (three times the total U.S. tax revenue, or 35% of the country's GDP, or the equivalent of 5 Iraq wars, *annually*) she answered:
AOC the village idiot said:
'Oh, it's unrealistic, oh it's fake, oh it doesn't address this little minute thing. And I'm like, 'You try! You do it.' 'Cause you're not. 'Cause you're not. So, until you do it, I'm the boss. How 'bout that?
Very erudite. Now I understand how we'll get all that money. "At least I'm trying and they're not" is not an argument when your proposals are impossible to implement - she may as well say that she wants to build the world's biggest vacuum cleaner and suck all of the greenhouse gasses out of the atmosphere, it's equally feasible. The plan is so colossally stupid that it's not even worth talking about, not to mention that it's based on a false premise to begin with. The world is not going to end in 12 years, the global temperature will simply increase *over the course of a century*. We've known that for a while, and we're working on reducing emissions as-is.

We've talked long enough, to be honest - it's been a good page or two and I'm afraid I exhausted your entertainment value now that you started repeating yourself. I'll let others chime in and discuss the actual subject of this thread. If you want to fanboy over Cortez some more, I'm sure you can write a blog entry about it. Now, let's get back to Sanders, his suspended campaign and how backing out now saves more sweet, sweet donations money for a new summer home.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Do you get to keep donations in such circumstances?

I mean I doubt he will be hurting for money (you tend not to even seriously try unless you are reasonably secure), and can probably squeeze a book or three (the true also rans/never contenders tending to only have the one book, though do it right and that is still your retirement), then some memoirs/autobiography, and if he gets bored wander up to any business wonk conference/dinner/talk in the next 10 years* and say "how about it?", before being paid what most would consider an annual salary whilst seriously using a word lamer than synergy. Don't know if he will be able to do the board seats game (either passively as name recognition or for the little black book) but it is a common path too.

*maybe 15 for his mob, though I imagine such peeps are a bit light on conferences and lower on appearance fees (not that most of us would turn our noses up at a mere half an annual salary for a few hours of not even hard graft).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Do you get to keep donations in such circumstances?

I mean I doubt he will be hurting for money (you tend not to even seriously try unless you are reasonably secure), and can probably squeeze a book or three (the true also rans/never contenders tending to only have the one book, though do it right and that is still your retirement), then some memoirs/autobiography, and if he gets bored wander up to any business wonk conference/dinner/talk in the next 10 years* and say "how about it?", before being paid what most would consider an annual salary whilst seriously using a word lamer than synergy. Don't know if he will be able to do the board seats game (either passively as name recognition or for the little black book) but it is a common path too.

*maybe 15 for his mob, though I imagine such peeps are a bit light on conferences and lower on appearance fees (not that most of us would turn our noses up at a mere half an annual salary for a few hours of not even hard graft).
In theory left-over funds can be donated to charities, contributed to other candidates (up to $2000 per candidate, IIRC), kept for future campaigns or refunded, the general rule of thumb is that they're spent. These rules were set in place in 1980, until that point candidates could spend the money on personal expenses. It's worth mentioning that these rules were made with candidates themselves in mind, not Super PACs. I'm obviously joking around about the summer homes, he already has several properties and a nice income from his book deal and his senator's salary, but I'm sure some of the money "slips between the cracks" as candidates wind down their campaigns and pay off the remaining expenses.

SG854

Hail Mary
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
No, it was in reference to the states.Therefore.

I get that that chick you liked in high school didn't even realize you existed, but it's time to bin the My Chemical Romance t-shirts and mascara and join the real world, and realize things you find funny make people suffer, oftentimes, the most vulrnerable people.

Some deep state irony coming from someone who calls themselves a 'lolbertarian'

Not really, few have had the rise she has had recently.

Glad Foxi will at least admit how childish and ridiculous it was for @SG854 to draw equivalence between AOC and FUCKING HITLER. Grow the fuck up, seriously.

Same swift rise, different outlook on life entirely. She's not an emo shitlord at all, like ol' Adolf was and the radicalized right are.
I wasn't comparing AOC to Hitler.

I was saying that just because someone accomplishes something more then you doesn't mean you have to be impressed by them, especially if the thing they accomplished isn't something you like. And it doesn't mean you have to be disappointed in yourself if they accomplish more. That's what I meant by bringing up Hitler. There no comparison at all about AOC being equal to Hitler on the bad stuff he did.

There will always be someone that accomplishes more then you, always. If you are going to be disappointed in yourself just because someone out there is always better then you, you're going to set up yourself to be forever dissapointed and unsatisfied with your life, even sometimes going into depression territory.

And really, the only reason why I even brought up Hitler in the first place is because you've become really hostile in this thread. Even attacking people's character with that you must be disappointed in yourself comment which is ad-hoc and has no relevance in this debate. You are going beyond normal debate conversation and getting angrily vicous. Your comments are unpleasant to read with you being that hostile.

If there is anyone thats immature its you for not handling others opinions to well. Just say you opinion and be done with it. No need for the hostility.

Last edited by SG854,

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
I find it hilarious that you call anyone left of AOC the "radical left" and anyone right of her the "radical right" - thank goodness, Cortez is the healthy center we've all been waiting for.

Now who's putting words in who's mouth? I never said anything of the like. I don't think in those black and white terms and nor should you, we are Europeans that have four or five active parties in our political system.

You do, because you've been radicalized.

Speaking of high school sweethearts, she's not going to date you, buddy. You don't have to churn foam in your mouth just because someone called your dream lady an idiot, and make no mistake, she is an idiot, I'm not planning on retracting that.

Projecting eh? She's not really my type, but I bet you furiously hate masturbate to her.

"At least I'm trying and they're not"

She is 100% right to say this. Doing something is better than being intentionally paralyzed with the fucking idiotic and unhelpful on the spot 'where's the money coming from?' question. Where does money for ANYTHING come from? If that's your definition of 'demonstrably stupid' I'm afraid your argument is in deep doo doo.

Oh, I see you know this so you've bowed out. Good.

I wasn't comparing AOC to Hitler.

Did I say compare, or did I say draw equivalence to? Because you absolutely did the second.

If there is anyone thats immature its you for not handling others opinions to well. Just say you opinion and be done with it. No need for the hostility.

Oh god is your argument really 'if you think about it, it's YOU'? Seriously, grow up. Seriously.

Last edited by Waygeek,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Now who's putting words in who's mouth? I never said anything of the like. I don't think in those black and white terms and nor should you, we are Europeans that have four or five active parties in our political system.

You do, because you've been radicalized.

Projecting eh? She's not really my type, but I bet you furiously hate masturbate to her.

She is 100% right to say this. Doing something is better than being intentionally paralyzed with the fucking idiotic and unhelpful on the spot 'where's the money coming from?' question. Where does money for ANYTHING come from? If that's your definition of 'demonstrably stupid' I'm afraid your argument is in deep doo doo.

Oh, I see you know this so you've bowed out. Good.

Did I say compare, or did I say draw equivalence to? Because you absolutely did the second.

Oh god is your argument really 'if you think about it, it's YOU'? Seriously, grow up. Seriously.
When you interacted with @notimp you immediately called him the radicalized left because he disagreed with your "feelings first, statistics second" approach. I somewhat agreed at the time because homelessness is invisible and statistics don't necessarily show the full extent of the problem - a lot of people are temporarily homeless and never reach out for help, so they're not recorded. You then proceeded to call me the radicalized right because I called AOC an idiot for throwing everything and the kitchen sink at a problem with *no* plan to fund it all, which is a response outsized to the point of being ridiculous. Or because I'm a libertarian who finds current political events funny. Or both, who knows at this point. Casual observation leads to a very simple conclusion - everyone who disagrees with you is radicalized, you believe that you're correct and everyone else must necessarily be wrong, and now you call *me* out for thinking in black and white terms. The irony is palpable.

If you come up with a plan that cannot be executed, you've done nothing but wasted everyone's time writing a fanfic - this is not how sensible legislation works. Unless you can expect results in a reasonable time frame, your proposal is ineffective. AOC's proposals are not just ineffective, they're stupid because they don't go past step zero, which is being able to *start* implementing them *at all*. I'll give her some credit - she's a good organizer, she has a penchant for crowd funding charity, and she should focus on that. Her food bank initiative, which she's involved in right now, is beneficial to local communities and admirable. Sadly, her ideas in terms of the macro scale are, simply put, dumb.

The only reason why I won't engage you on the subject any further is because all the bases are already covered and prodding you further wouldn't lead to anything productive besides you bursting a blood vessel, and I wouldn't want that. I don't have a tendency to argue with unreasonable people who refuse to acknowledge reality in the face of overwhelming evidence that disproves their preconceptions. You're welcome to live in your alternative reality where AOC is a great thinker and not an obnoxious extremist with zero experience and no worthwhile input as far as national policy is concerned.

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
When you interacted with @notimp you immediately called him the radicalized left

I absolutely did not. Quote me.

because he disagreed with your "feelings first, statistics second" approach.

More lies, huh? My approach is that the stats don't tell anywhere near the whole story, because they're taken incorrectly, and interpreted incorrectly. Nothing to do with 'feelings'. Stop being a transparent liar.

You then proceeded to call me the radicalized right because I called AOC

You are, because you conduct yourself exactly like one. Lying, reframing, disproportionately disliking certain people the radicalized right love to hate for no justifiable reason. Calling yourself a LOLbertarian and ignoring people's plights because they don't affect you... Denying how rife the RR are in Poland... just so much evidence. Doesn't matter how you try to reframe any of it.

If you come up with a plan that cannot be executed, you've done nothing but wasted everyone's time writing a fanfic - this is not how sensible legislation works. Unless you can expect results in a reasonable time frame, your proposal is ineffective. AOC's proposals are not just ineffective, they're stupid because they don't go past step zero

They're stupid if you've never heard of five year, ten year plans.

The only reason why I won't engage you on the subject any further is because

I know what you are.

Last edited by Foxi4, , Reason: Clever, but not clever enough.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I absolutely did not. Quote me.

More lies, huh? My approach is that the stats don't tell anywhere near the whole story, because they're taken incorrectly, and interpreted incorrectly. Nothing to do with 'feelings'. Stop being a transparent liar.

You are, because you conduct yourself exactly like one. Lying, reframing, disproportionately disliking certain people the radicalized right love to hate for no justifiable reason. Calling yourself a LOLbertarian and ignoring people's plights because they don't affect you... Denying how rife the RR are in Poland... just so much evidence. Doesn't matter how you try to reframe any of it.

They're stupid if you've never heard of five year, ten year plans.

I know what you are.
Oh, my apologies, he was the "mentally ill lunatic", I'm the radical - I lose track of all the stuff that had to be censored from your posts merely to allow you to express yourself, rather than just deleting the content outright. I'm sorry, you didn't call him one invective, you called him another. :lol:

In any case, "plans" with no funding mechanism attached to them are not plans at all, they're fiction, regardless of whether they're 1 year or 100 year ones. I don't think you even understand the gravity of the cost here - you'd have to *triple* the tax revenue to even have a chance at funding this thing, and you wouldn't have anything left over for any essential spending, it's just not realistic. I don't even hate her - I just find her obnoxious and stupid, she has no business being in Congress at all. It's not an irrational stance, I've supplied ample evidence to demonstrate that she's unqualified.

You keep saying that I'm denying the existence of the radical right in Poland when I never did - you just can't read, and I can't help you with that, primary school education was supposed to sort that out. I don't "ignore people's plights", I find the current political climate to be funny, and it is quite funny - your existence is one of its byproducts.

As I've said, this discussion is over - unless you intend to add to the discussion about Sanders, you may as well write your political expose on your blog. Any further comments that are not pertaining to the subject of this thread will just be deleted, it's been derailed long enough and I don't intend to coddle you any further.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
If Biden is basically assumed to drop dead at the finish line (never mind likely to be around to do the seemingly important second term, likely to be caught with his hand up a little girl's skirt before then if not)
Uh, subtle... (Referring to the Larry King Live clip below.)

Starting at 08:50 in

(Also issues in the food supply chain, shortly before.. ;) )

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo