BenQ drive flashing

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by GameWinner, Dec 25, 2011.

Dec 25, 2011

BenQ drive flashing by GameWinner at 2:04 PM (479 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. GameWinner
    OP

Member GameWinner Take your heart

United States
    Hello everyone, so today I got my 360, and Xbox elite. I opened it up to find a BenQ drive 64930C, so I was wondering if anyone can give me a tutorial on how to flash it and tools I need.

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Jungleflasher and a probe iirc + a CK3i and a X360 USBpro, or a VIA sata and the xbox as power to the drive itself.

Jungleflasher comes with a manual iirc on how to flash every drive along with a troubleshooting page.

3. GameWinner
    OP

Member GameWinner Take your heart

United States
    Thanks, I flashed it successfully, now 2 more questions.
    The game I'm playing is asking for an update, do I go for it?
    And second, if I want to update to iXtreme 3.0 later, do I erase the drive and redo it?

4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Less than one hour for a first flash... I am impressed.

As for the update usually I would say yes but if it is old I have to ask what dashboard the thing is on. The jungleflasher guide would have detailed what to do at various dashboards (MS updated the drives in a dashboard update a while back)- if you are already past the reflashing update then nothing special but if you are going through it then you are going to have to reflash to a stock drive, update and reflash with a new firmware (no reason not to go straight to LT+ 3.0, especially if you do not have any legacy stuff).

Anyhow unless you are going to JTAG/Glitch hack your 360 (and it is probably too new to JTAG) then you will need to let it update the console once you have figured out where you stand with the drive. Each disc should carry the minimum update it wants and that is what you are seeing.