Benja81

GBATemp Sporaddict
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I have had a N3ds XL for a couple months now and just couldn't stand the stretched pixels anymore. I decided to order a N3ds animal crossing on ebay (and a sweet Zelda faceplate on Amazon). I came across one advertised as 9.2 firmware and decided to grab it, since I tried a few times to downgrade my XL from 10.3 but was never successful.

My question is what can I do with the 9.2 firmware once I get it. I have access to homebrew titles and also have an r4i gold 3DS if that helps anything. Can I do things like emunand and custom firmware with r4i, or do I need GW to benefit from it?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
9.2 is the ideal firmware to be on. There's an exploit called MenuHax which crashes the home menu as it starts, and runs whatever you want (and this can include booting into emuNAND). You don't need Gateway anymore unless you really want to run .3ds files instead of CIAs. There are a bunch of guides in the tutorial section on how to get started, and I personally didn't need one to get going, so I'll let someone else recommend one to you. Just take note that some CFWs are more annoying to install than others (in my opinion, easiest to hardest: Reinand -> CakesFW -> RxTools), but they also offer more features as they get more difficult to install. On the other hand though, if you prefer to keep features and tools separate from your CFW, you could roll Reinand or Cakes and then use emuNAND9Tool and Decrypt9 to get the exact same features as RxTools, minus the out-of-the-box region free (just use NTR or Free multi Patcher on Cakes/Reinand, no big deal).

Salamencizer

Cute Hot Whatever
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
India
First of all, please put a question mark at the end of a title if you have a question, or else it misleads people.
Answering your question, On 9.2, You can install a Custom Firmware, like ReiNAND. I you have a CFW, you can install and run unsigned CIAs, like pirated games and homebrew.You can also create an EmuNAND on 9.2. Having an EmuNAND is beneficial, as it helps you to protect your sysNAND from getting updated or bricked. Also, you can do much more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup