Hacking Benefit to stay on 9.0 vs 9.2 firmware?

Upa123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

Is there any benefit to stay on the 9.0 firmware versus 9.2 firmware? I will be using GW, which I know supports up to 9.2. I've been reading a lot of threads lately, and one of the threads called out I'd be missing some functionality if I am on 9.2 versus 9.0, but I can't recall what thread it is anymore.. :(

Appreciate any quick answers!

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't think of any difference between the two, perhaps 9.2 introduced NFC settings? 9.3 brought theme shuffle, that much I know.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey guys,

Is there any benefit to stay on the 9.0 firmware versus 9.2 firmware? I will be using GW, which I know supports up to 9.2. I've been reading a lot of threads lately, and one of the threads called out I'd be missing some functionality if I am on 9.2 versus 9.0, but I can't recall what thread it is anymore.. :(

Appreciate any quick answers!

Wouldn't it become irrelevant once you update your Emunand to 9.5 and you've got all the functionality an updated firmware has to offer?

I HIGHLY DOUBT you would be spending much time in 9.0 sysnand anyways :P

Upa123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My apologies, I think my original question was unclear. It's not about what additional functionality I would get in 9.2, but rather, what would I be missing? My N3DSXL came with 9.0, and when I put my retail SSBS in, it updated to 9.2. This was before I had the chance to save the NAND so I can't go back anymore. I have an opportunity to replace it with another one that's still on 9.0, but is it worth the trouble? I didn't think it matters, but I did recall someone saying there is something I am not able to do now that I am already on 9.2...

Thanks.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
My apologies, I think my original question was unclear. It's not about what additional functionality I would get in 9.2, but rather, what would I be missing? My N3DSXL came with 9.0, and when I put my retail SSBS in, it updated to 9.2. This was before I had the chance to save the NAND so I can't go back anymore. I have an opportunity to replace it with another one that's still on 9.0, but is it worth the trouble? I didn't think it matters, but I did recall someone saying there is something I am not able to do now that I am already on 9.2...

Thanks.
According to 3dbrew, a small change to one title, Home Menu. Nothing you can even notice.
The official changelog with nintendo was only, "stability" so you're not missing out on any features.

Reactions: Zidapi

Oishikatta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks.

The 9.3 update was the one that patched the exploits, 9.0~9.2 is the safe range.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday