Gaming Benefit of USA vs EU

Avenger55

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pardon the newbie question, but in any game and especially LoTZ:BoTW is there any real benefit to swapping from the EU version vs USA version?

I feel like there really isn't other than how its loaded, but wanted to be sure.

Honestly don't want to hassle with dumping and ejecting my save is not needed.

K

KingpinSlim

If you already have it set up and have an active savegame, then leave it.
You have nothing to gain.
When DLC comes, you can use WII U USB HELPER to get the EU version of that.

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the HZ might be a difference from 50 to 60 HZ, on a US WiiU, so it might run better? maybe not. I know when it came to Pokemon Snap for example the EUR version ran slow, and when i played the US version it ran beautifully.

K

KingpinSlim

the HZ might be a difference from 50 to 60 HZ, on a US WiiU, so it might run better? maybe not. I know when it came to Pokemon Snap for example the EUR version ran slow, and when i played the US version it ran beautifully.

Unless he plays on an SDTV there is no difference.
HDMI is purely digital.
PAL/NTSC no longer factor into the equation.

VitaType

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If they don't release DLC only in one of the regions there is no difference at all (expect maybe that the US versions has less languages to choose from which would mean a smaller size in terms of Gigabytes. But I'm not even sure if the US version comes with less languages).
As KingpinSlim wrote there is no difference between US and EU HD TVs unlike with PAL and NTSC.

Last edited by VitaType,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wow 50hz tvs have not been sold in Europe for about 15 years lol like others said hdmi is the same the world over.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
since the new digital era and inputs like hdmi, there is no such thing as different hertz anymore...
only applicable when using the old analog rca cables, and in most cases (for example the wii) you can select which frequency you want to use...

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah i wasnt aware, since i play so many retro games, i tend to avoid EUR games since of some issues, like my pokemon snap example, the EUR version ran like crap on my US WiiU

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you saying nothing TRUMPS US releases?

To anyone on the fence about Wii U - don't be. I'm picky as hell and the game's been running better than I expected.

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No one wanted that this happend :cry:
Except maybe Russia.

*facepalms* yeah these Trump jokes are everywhere, even here in Canada its all we hear
Can confirm. "In other news UWindsor is killing 20 different cancers! Oh, but did we mention Trump and Sweden yet?"

Last edited by henn64,

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Unless he plays on an SDTV there is no difference.
HDMI is purely digital.
PAL/NTSC no longer factor into the equation.

If the game (old ones) was designed with PAL50, by connecting a HDMI cable to a HDTV, it will magically run in 60Hz or higher and in a standard superior to PAL and NTSC? What standard and Hz is actually used by HDMI?

D

Deleted User

Ah i wasnt aware, since i play so many retro games, i tend to avoid EUR games since of some issues, like my pokemon snap example, the EUR version ran like crap on my US WiiU
Some PAL games on N64 were slowed down for 25 FPS rather than optimized for normal speed at 25 FPS.

K

KingpinSlim

If the game (old ones) was designed with PAL50, by connecting a HDMI cable to a HDTV, it will magically run in 60Hz or higher and in a standard superior to PAL and NTSC? What standard and Hz is actually used by HDMI?
HDMI simply supports everything.

D

Deleted User

No, the framerate and hertz is set by the console, the TV will pick up whatever the console is sending through the cable.
HDMI can carry both 50 and 60Hz and the TV detects which one is sent through the cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s