Benedict XVI resigns, realizes he's old. First pope in 600 years to resign.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Extremely.
Gay community of Holland had convinced flower suppliers not to send a single flower to him on his b-day (I think it was b-day?)
I don't recall it exactly anymore cause I heard it on the news tho.

Well, that pretty much says A LOT about how much he was against homosexuality.

A pope against homosexuality? Why have we not suffocated from the mass gasping?

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a pope that isn't against homosexuality. It's just kinda part of the job.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Extremely.
Gay community of Holland had convinced flower suppliers not to send a single flower to him on his b-day (I think it was b-day?)
I don't recall it exactly anymore cause I heard it on the news tho.

Well, that pretty much says A LOT about how much he was against homosexuality.
Well, you can't really blame a guy for sticking to the old school faith. It takes a progressive mind to accept certain modern realities.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
A pope against homosexuality? Why have we not suffocated from the mass gasping?

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a pope that isn't against homosexuality. It's just kinda part of the job.

No shit .__.
But being a bit polite isn't that bad.
Even as a pope!

Also doesn't the bible says that you should accept people for who they are?

Well, you can't really blame a guy for sticking to the old school faith. It takes a progressive mind to accept certain modern realities.

Never blamed him, but as I said.
Being a bit more polite isn't that bad.

Reactions: The Catboy

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
No shit .__.
But being a bit polite isn't that bad.
Even as a pope!

Also doesn't the bible says that you should accept people for who they are?

Never blamed him, but as I said.
Being a bit more polite isn't that bad.

The bible says a lot of contradictory things.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being the Pope isn't all fancy dresses and having brunch with Yahweh (look it up). The one before this one was pretty good, by most standards. Then we got Pope Palpatine, ex-Hitler youth, oldschool, anti-gay, and yet.....used Twitter.

I blame Twitter for the resignation.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah, we forgot about child sex abuse, advocating against birth control and the usual homophobic comments. It isn't all fun and games!

He's not going to come out of his room, go to his balcony and announce "Hey, everyone. the last few years....my bad.

Seems God was taking a vacation and one of the angels fucked up the message. So like, be cool and all. God's alright with gay people, Abortion's not good but God gave you choice so you figure it out, oh, and fuck country music. That's a real sin."

He's elected by a bunch of old cardinals to be the one guy who thinks like they do enough to not rock the boat any further. I still blame Twitter. Catholicism is just not ready for that much here and now.

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There must of been a heavy propopesition in an effort for the catholic church to remain popelitically cerect in modern time and erect an incestor of Africa as the pope. Benedick of course will rise to be a higher power after this.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That news kinda came out of nowhere. I really wonder how the church wil pope with this situation.

More seriously: I'm glad he's gone. It's not exactly his fault that all these child molesting stories pop(e) up, but rather than make sure things are handled properly, they (the church) try to cover it up. And even that would be somewhat forgivable (them Catholics aren't a one man show for a couple of thousand years) if it wasn't for the homo bashing and preaching against birth control. It's as if they took a look at all the bad rep that Islam got with a few terrorists smearing the reputation, and decided that they want to be hated on an equal level.

RiderLeangle

Trophies
Website
ridersrealm.b1.jcink.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I don't care about pope stuff... But there is one unfortunate part of this, the fact we can't make more jokes about how the pope looks like Darth Sidious

darthpope.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.