Ben Affleck to play Batman in upcoming movie

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ben Affleck confirmed to play the Dark Knight in the Man of Steel sequel, at least according this to tweet by IGN and a bunch of others. Other sites have it as "more to come".

Source
Source 2

Now that I think about it, I won't right it totally off, he MIGHT be able to pull it off. But I don't know, the voice is what throws me off, is he gonna pull a Bale and rudhuhduhduhduhduhduhd

Reactions: redact

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ben Affleck is a perfectly capable actor and director, if recent years have taught us anything.

Let's not judge and think Bale was the BEST BATMAN.

Besides Batman is like the least interesting character in Batman movies, let's be honest.

Reactions: weavile001

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ben Affleck is a perfectly capable actor and director, if recent years have taught us anything.

Let's not judge and think Bale was the BEST BATMAN.

Besides Batman is like the least interesting character in Batman movies, let's be honest.

He would make a good Wayne, but Batman? I don't know.... hopefully he doesn't talk like a dog like Bale did. And Batman is the least interesting? Ya because Talia, Bane, Robin, Mr. Freeze totally stole the show.

macmanhigh

THC = Truly High Caliber
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would either Get Val Kilmer or George Clooney for Batman vs Superman.......THOSE were the Best Batmen ever :tpi:

All i can say is Rubber Nipples.......

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Keep in mind, when Heath Ledger was cast as The Joker in Dark Knight, look how that turned around. While this is incredibly weird, Affleck MIGHT be able to pull off the best Batman.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I never cared much for superheroes anyway.
Prolly cause they're not that popular in Europe...

Anyway, Affleck as batman?
This might be interesting.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ya because Talia, Bane, Robin, Mr. Freeze totally stole the show.

But that's right. Batman movies are pretty much always about the villain, and they're the most remembered part of the films they're in by far (Jack Nicholson's Joker, Heath Ledger's Joker, Tom Hardy's Bane, Arnold's Mr. Freeze, Jim Carrey's Riddler, etc.). The villains are flamboyant and memorable, with the funny quips and quotable speeches; most of the time, Batman's just there to act heroically stoic (and/or stoically heroic) and then punch them in the jaw.

As for the news at hand... eh? I think Affleck's a fine enough actor, but I'm not sure if he's really the Batman type. Every new detail they release makes the film sound more and more like a steaming pile of shit, so I can't say I have much faith here.

Seriously, this film looks shitty.

How shitty is it?

It's so shitty, they should retitle it "Scatman vs. Pooperman."

*Audience Applauds*

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But that's right. Batman movies are pretty much always about the villain, and they're the most remembered part of the films they're in by far (Jack Nicholson's Joker, Heath Ledger's Joker, Tom Hardy's Bane, Arnold's Mr. Freeze, Jim Carrey's Riddler, etc.). The villains are flamboyant and memorable, with the funny quips and quotable speeches; most of the time, Batman's just there to act heroically stoic (and/or stoically heroic) and then punch them in the jaw.

As for the news at hand... eh? I think Affleck's a fine enough actor, but I'm not sure if he's really the Batman type. Every new detail they release makes the film sound more and more like a steaming pile of shit, so I can't say I have much faith here.

Seriously, this film looks shitty.

How shitty is it?

It's so shitty, they should retitle it "Scatman vs. Pooperman."

*Audience Applauds*

Some men just want to see the world SKEEBABABABABOPBABABOP.
N65X2gO.gif

gokujr1000

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I'm not against this because it's Ben Affleck but I'm against this because he looks way too similar to Christian Bale.

Why can't they just cast someone like Josh Brolin or John Hamm who actually look like they could be both Bruce Wayne and Batman?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Happy there is finally some information on the sequel, I'm looking forward to it! I liked Bale, although his voice was annoying as fuck, but Bale is a great actor in general.
Affleck wouldn't be my first choice, but we'll see how it turns out. Not necessarily negative about this, I'm a big fan of the Dark Knight Trilogy, enjoyed them all tremendously.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would either Get Val Kilmer or George Clooney for Batman vs Superman.......THOSE were the Best Batmen ever :tpi:

All i can say is Rubber Nipples.......
Did you see Val Kilmer in the past 10 years ? He must weight 300 pounds by now LOL.
And George Clooney just doesn't have the physicality to pull off a convincing Batman after Bale, he might still be a great Bruce Wayne, but you need more then embedded muscles in the suit these days to successfully portrait a super hero, look at the shirtless Thor, Superman Captain America.

ShadowSoldier

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Let us not forget his stellar performance in DareDevil.

I liked DareDevil to be honest. It wasn't the best and had its flaws, but I enjoyed it. Minus the director was just pure shit. Still better than all 3 Spider-Man films, that's for sure. Also, Michael Clarke Duncan was awesome in it.

Reactions: Ethevion

Ethevion

Wannabe Artist
Trophies
Website
www.lvlupart.com
XP
Country
Canada
Ben Affleck is a pretty cool actor, I definitely loved his performance in Daredevil.
Is the Batman in this upcoming movie the same from the Dark Knight trilogy? If so, I don't think this would work. If it's separate it'll work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."