Being very overweight.

DinohScene

Gay boy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, an occasional morning jog can't hurt that much, especially if you pace yourself? We all have our own speed of life I guess.

Rheumatism is a bitch to live with but I'm doing alright, I guess the occasional walks keep me relatively healthy haha.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
When i see a person who is very overweight who is young too, first that comes to mind is what happened or didn't happen that person that made them become so overweight?

This thread is more to get an understanding why someone might gain so much weight its not a bashing or weight shaming.

One thing i hear is genetics, which i believe and most science research confirm unless its a very rare disease. most people should be able to lose weight with good diet and exercise.

Sugar is the number one enemy of the human race imo. not a country which your government leaders said or what was written in a book how many years ago.

your thoughts?
parents having really little regard for their children's well being and letting them eat however they want/over feeding them.

Reactions: Flame

BobCh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Rheumatism is a bitch to live with but I'm doing alright, I guess
I don't exactly blame you, but I know we just don't think about our future and don't move enough now to feel more comfortable in older age. Don't blame rheumatism instead of your laziness. Watch your diet, take some RA meds, take your ass off a sofa and go for a walk. Walking, on the opposite, helps with RA. It helps to prevent a loss of bone density.

DinohScene

Gay boy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I don't exactly blame you, but I know we just don't think about our future and don't move enough now to feel more comfortable in older age. Don't blame rheumatism instead of your laziness. Watch your diet, take some RA meds, take your ass off a sofa and go for a walk. Walking, on the opposite, helps with RA. It helps to prevent a loss of bone density.

You're not my physician so please don't tell me to take medication which you probably don't know anything about.

BobCh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You're not my physician so please don't tell me to take medication which you probably don't know anything about.
I didn't mean to offend you! Sorry if you thought so! I put here my thoughts cause I'm really familiar with the similar situation.. Hope, you're ok!

Reactions: DinohScene

DinohScene

Gay boy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I didn't mean to offend you! Sorry if you thought so! I put here my thoughts cause I'm really familiar with the similar situation.. Hope, you're ok!

If I'm on MTX then not really, nauseous and tired throughout the day, no motivation do anything at all...
I haven't taken them for a couple of years and I'm a hell of a lot better off without them, I'd welcome the occasional pain rather then be miserable and doped up on chemicals haha.
Hell, I've managed to do more on bud then on pills but that's another discussion on its own.

I appreciate your concern but pharmaceuticals aren't the answer haha.
What I truly need is to get the fuck out of this shitty climate and migrate closer towards the equator.
I've been to the Canary islands a year ago and I've never managed to walk and do so much.
Admittedly, I had some sore knee joints after the 12km beachwalk me and the boyfriend did at night but it was well WELL worth the pain hahaha.

Reactions: cearp

zxr750j

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not fat, I used to be 10 KG heavier but managed to lose some weight through going walking during lunches instead of eating a "nice" lunch. Still, I have to watch my eating habits to remain at my current weight (1,76M @77 KG). If you are really overweight the changes you'll have to make must be huge, I don't think I can comprehend the implications in daily live.
Still in my society it's "normal" to assume that being fat is a choice: just eat less and exercise. It's easy to judge people but you can't judge anyone without knowing the whole story of this person.
I do think being very overweight is not normal nor should it be be glorified: it is bad for your health and body. And if you can you should do your best fighting it! If you can't for reasons: try making the best of your situation, I will still like you if you are a nice person.

Reactions: Flame
General chit-chat
Help Users
    lgnmcrules @ lgnmcrules: :hrth: