Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
_47506057_008981616-1.jpg
QUOTE said:
Beijing has been shrouded in orange dust as a strong sandstorm blew hundreds of miles from drought-struck northern China to the nation's capital.

In Tiananmen Square, clouds of dust obscured monuments, while visitors wore masks to avoid the dust and soil in windy conditions.

A level five pollution warning was issued in the hazardous conditions, and people were urged to stay indoors.

The storm also hit Xinjiang and Inner Mongolia, Shanxi, Shaanxi and Hebei.

On Saturday it had spread over an area of 810,000 sq km with a population of 250 million, official news agency Xinhua reported.

In the 35 hours up to 1100 on Saturday (0300 GMT), 270 million people in an area of 1.8 million sq km had been affected, it said.

Saturday's storm was expected to last until Monday, the meteorological agency said in a statement on its website.

Sandstorms are common during spring in the dry north as temperatures rise and clouds of dust are stirred up and blown across China, to South Korea and Japan and even as far as the US, AFP news agency reported.

Source

B-Blue

slut
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Antarctica
You guys think this shit is cool?! It's fucking horrible! We had a sand storm yesterday from 3 AM to 5 PM!!!!
FUCKING DUST IS EVERYWHERE! All my consoles are collecting dust
mad.gif
. My fucking wii and 360 and all my handhelds! My PC and laptop! I'm really tired of this shit. I have to use like 4 compressed air cans to clean all of 'em
hate2.gif

Here's a couple of pics I took from a different sand storm a couple of months back. It was the worst sandstom ever!
f9gis9.png

I took this one very quickly. Dust was getting in my eyes and in my fucking mouth.

rljqx1.png

This was a few minutes before it hits. It was going very very very slow! LIKE IT'S TEASING US OR SOMETHING
mad.gif
fucking ,. thing,,,, sucks.;;; balls
hate2.gif

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, this shit really does suck to live through. It's like pollution, but in your face and fucking your eyes and throat and ears.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember the dust storm we got in sydney a year or so ago. It was great. Sure it was bad for people with asthma but I liked it. I will admit that the first thing I thought of was that it looked like the end of the world. Dunno why but I did.

500x_Sydney_Dust_Storm.jpg

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:
I remember the dust storm we got in sydney a year or so ago. It was great. Sure it was bad for people with asthma but I liked it. I will admit that the first thing I thought of was that it looked like the end of the world. Dunno why but I did.

That photo is beautiful.

I didn't know Beijing had sandstorms like this...can't even imagine what it'd be like to go out.

pitoui

Trophies
XP
Country
Edgedancer said:

Hell yeah! I remember waking up and having a look out of my window and all I could see was red/orange. I really did think it was the end of the world! HAHA

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
we had that here a while ago in brisbane it looked cool yeah but if you went outside you'd choke. and pretty much everything you owned inside and out gets covered in orange fucking shit!

D

Deleted_171835

Cool!

I'll never get to see this in Canada. We still get snowstorms, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple