RyuKakashi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My superkey's been dying recently (sometimes doesn't boot into NDS mode and says no ds cart inserted) so I've considered flashing my DSL.

I currently use a G6 lite so i'm too afraid of flashing without recovery but my M3 lite is coming anytime now, and I assume that will work.

Does it matter what percent it gets to before recovery works? I know it should work at 1% but what about 0%? Or would 0% have no effect?

What was the thing on DSLs that force a shut down? When you plug in the power whilst flashing? Or is it just when having it plugged it? Do I plug in my DSL and THEN turn on and flash? Or is it best to not use power adapter at all?

I can return to original firmware by holding start and select while booting right?

Is there really an effect to the volume with flashme? I heard that it makes max volume a bit quieter than usual.

As long as I have a legit cart in slot 1, i will have sleep mode, correct? So I can just put in brain age or mario and it'll be fine?

If my DSL were to brick, and from what I hear isn't too common cause of recovery, I can just find a local nintendo store or something and return it there right? Warrenty would work and they wouldn't check?

Lastly what are the pro's and con's of flashme?

Pros
No health screen
no need for passcard
custom firmwares
anti virus

Cons
volume? if that's even true.
warrenty void
I can't think of anything else.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you need to read a flashme faq/guide first of all. Yes if you shut it off @ 0% that is a guaranteed brick. That can only happen if your battery comes out or you short the other connection beside sl1 directly (to me this has to be done on purpose....no one should be this careless if they follow directions and do research). You're supposed to keep the power cord plugged in as a just in case but I don't think that saves a ds lite if you shorted the other connection beside sl1. Warranty is up in the air, no one can give you a definite answer to that, it'll probably be a hit and miss (same with returning to a store). The volume does not get quieter, that's a stupid rumor someone started because they're used to a normal ds. Yes you can put any real ds game in slot 1 and it will enter sleep mode just fine. Pros = everything, no passme device needed, longer battery life, maximum multiplayer capability, anti-malware implementation, and no health screen. Cons, I can't think of anything except the stupid warranty, which I think is really a waste of time....it's not like you're modding a car here.

RyuKakashi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks for your feedback. I guess I'll flash when i get my m3 lite.

I CAN just hold select to goto original firmware to change brightness yea?

And can anyone who already has a m3 lite confirm that recovery works?

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes you can hold select @ startup to enter the original ds startup screen to either a) boot from gba b) change your options (aka brightness).

jonny_eh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
From what I've read, recovery doesn't work only on the G6 lite. The M3 should be fine.

BTW, I bricked my DS when the flashme was at 1%, but I may have blown a fuse by accidentally hitting the screw next to the SL1. I'll find out when I get my tri-wing screwdriver and open my DSL. Use an insulated tool! I didn't, and payed for it.

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

RyuKakashi

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright thanks everyone!

I got my m3 lite today and i updated firmware and put on flashme. My toothpick flash tool was a little too thick from the electrical tape but it peeled once i pressed hard enough (sounds dangerous i know) but i got it to flash to 100%! Booted it up with no key and m3 lite loaded great. Took out m3 lite and it loaded original firmware and it sleeps in the firmware! I doubt it'll do the same inside a game but it's still cool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It could get banned from PSN but you can change your ID I think?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you try wearing them?