Hacking Before updating to newest firmware

gemartic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

im on older switch firmware (i think 4. something). I have sx os.

So can I just update normally my switch and then download the latest sx os-version?

Im not interested in playing online btw.

Gem

Last edited by gemartic,

gemartic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
so this ban means that I can never use nx internet services anymore? Is there a way to unban?

Though I never play games online...

Irocadiext

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so this ban means that I can never use nx internet services anymore? Is there a way to unban?

Though I never play games online...
as of now there isn t an unban method i dont think. First I d look into how to make a nand backup to restore in case of any accidental bricking of system. rare but best to be safe. to update safely you wanna use the choidujournx homebrew app. and also find the new fw update to use with it. those allow you to update offline and without burning your fuses which will enable you to downgrade if ever needed. along with using choidujournx you will need to as of now, always remain in autoRCM mode. Being in autoRCM mode prevents you from booting into the normal horizon os. that is where your fuses burn.

also in autoRCM your system will only really charge normally when in sleep mode. if you use the power button to fully power off, it actually just goes back into RCM mode, but looks off, where it charges way slower than normally or in sleep mode. this can result in dead battery out of nowhere. staying in sleep mode works best, which is what the switch was designed for anyway. I d thoroughly research to where you are comfortable before doing it. i did it and am happy.

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

im on older switch firmware (i think 4. something). I have sx os.

So can I just update normally my switch and then download the latest sx os-version?

Im not interested in playing online btw.

Gem

update your clean nand before using any hacks, boot sx os menu and create emunand (any of the 3 options, preferably on sd), from now on use emunand for homebrew, backups, etc... and internal nand for online and hackfree system without risk of ban.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.