Hacking Before I do a horrible mistake… (CFW/Homebrew)

RickyZ_PR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Before I do a horrible mistake… (CFW/Homebrew)

Hi all, first of all I have to say that English is NOT my primary language. Second, yes, I have read all the possible guides on how to do CFW, so what I am going to ask is NOT to someone to explain everything to me AGAIN when there are a DOZEN threads about this already. Ok, now that is settled here are my doubts/concerns/questions:

I have two 3DS, an old 3DS XL and a New 3DS XL (Hyrule Edition) both on 10.3.0.28U. I am on the verge of buying a SKY3DS+, when suddenly, BOOM! You can now downgrade and install CFW, Menuhax, etc etc. All of this so sudden and so fast, with SO MANY TUTORIALS (Which I have NO problem following) that I don’t even know what to do. I have no problems following a guide but I don’t even know what I am supposed to do first with my 3DS, which guide or steps should I do first? For example:

“You should follow THAT tutorial, after you do complete those steps then do this one”

That’s what I need to know. As I said, I have no problems following a guide, nor do I want a full explanation here, but rather where to go first and WHAT steps to follow since I am a noob although a few years ago I implemented Homebrew in my Wii and CFW in my PSP. My 3DS are all VIRGIN, meaning they are as they come from factory. So where should I go first? All the tutorials seem simple to follow but I don’t know if I have to install Homebrew first, then downgrade, or viceversa, since all tutorials are separate.

Also:

Installing Homebrew is possible on my current System Firmware?

Do I need a flashcard like Gateway to do all of this?

Can I play my backups as .cia in CFW? I would like very much to have all my games in one place instead of carrying a case.

The horrible mistake? Paying $80.00+ dollars for a flashcard when there is a better option available right now, for FREE!

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I'd recommend just downgrading your o3DSXL now and wait for something more stable on the new3DSXL. kerneltimemachine is coming soon.

Downgrade tut: https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/
CFW tut old3ds: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
CFW tut new3ds: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutoria...ncluding-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

just follow direction step by step. take your time.... really and make sure you download the right 9.2 firmware for your 3ds (New/Old)(J/E/U) SERIOUSLY

Also:

Installing Homebrew is possible on my current System Firmware?
yes
Do I need a flashcard like Gateway to do all of this?
no cfw works fine
Can I play my backups as .cia in CFW? I would like very much to have all my games in one place instead of carrying a case.
yes there are multiple ways to do this.
The horrible mistake? Paying $80.00+ dollars for a flashcard when there is a better option available right now, for FREE!
It's not all horrible sky3ds is very easy to use but limited, gateway is just another place to store your backups and cfw is free

Reactions: Sam_SpadeR

RickyZ_PR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So to make this CLEAR I FIRST follow a guide to downgrade THEEEENNNNN I follow the guide to install the CFW? In the SAME order you posted it? Also, can I use cheats with CFW?

Last edited by RickyZ_PR,

Just Passing By

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. You want to first downgrade your 3ds and then follow the guides to install CFW. Not sure about the cheat thing though. I've never used a cheats on a 3ds.

RickyZ_PR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks all. One last question, while reading the downgrading guide I came across a step where it asks you to use homebrew, I am assuming you have to use the Browserhax at least once to do this step?

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ntrcfw/bootNTR.cia allow the loading of cheats and other plugins, though currently most of these cheats come from our asian friends overseas, as such most are unusable with U or E region games.

Thanks all. One last question, while reading the downgrading guide I came across a step where it asks you to use homebrew, I am assuming you have to use the Browserhax at least once to do this step?
Or another entrypoint that will get you into the HBmenu.

Last edited by jaksy,

RickyZ_PR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
QUESTION! If I do all of this in a 4GB SD Card and I wish to get a 128GB card will I have to repeat everything again????

jaksy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

RickyZ_PR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I suppose I bricked my 3ds considering it has been stuck on "Rebooting in 10 seconds" for minutes now... :-( I did everything the tutorials told me, everything went smoothly until now.

Last edited by RickyZ_PR,

RickyZ_PR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Lol I went into recovery following the guide and I am updating it back to 10.3 Can I try it again when its done?

RickyZ_PR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess I dont have to do everything from scratch just go back to Homebrew and try the sysUpdater again?

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Or you can just fucking wait till a stable downgrade method is released instead of being all like:
OMG I THINK I BRICKED! WAAAAHHH :cry:
Oh lol it was a soft brick I recovered through the recovery menu :)
Well instead of being thankful it wasn't a full brick I'm just going to try it again and pray I don't brick! WISH ME LUCK!!

Christ.

Last edited by bowser,
Reactions: retrofan_k

landis21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you can still wait a little longer... there is a chance that you can get a more stable downgrade tool... i would suggest skip buying the sky3ds cart you can downgrade like what i did too to my N3DS :)

downgrade.jpg
CFW.jpg

ddurdle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm in a similar boat. Using a O3DS XL that I'm enjoying that is exploited and got a N3DS XL (9.4) itching for some action. I'm happy playing on the O3DS XL until the more reliable and solid downgrade method is introduced.

It's like the Wii homebrew all over again. People got their systems in a bad state by any cios they come across that got them to the end goal faster. Then they got themselves into bad state of affairs later when it was realized there were long-term issues.

At this point, do buy anything new.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: idk, i don't have one