Before I buy the ez 3 in 1 I need to know something.

Discussion in 'EDGE' started by BahamuatFury, Jul 14, 2010.

1. BahamuatFury
    OP

Newcomer BahamuatFury Newbie

United States
    Well for starters I have an edge(hence me being here)

1.) I just wanna be able to play gba games on my ds again.... So is the EZ 3in1 Expansion pack good? Been hearing a lot of mixed reviews. I liked what I saw in 1 review but since ODST I've learned "looks can be deceiving" applies to games as well.

2.) The answer is probably no but can I use gba flash carts (as in flash carts for the gba) on my ds?

3.) Should I just wait till tomorrow and place an order for the supercard ds2?

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    You don't have a whole lot of choice these days. Most people go for the 3in1, and there's a lot of people who have them. If it were me, i'd get the DSTWO as they are probably better longterm and no messing around replacing batteries etc.

You also have the 3DS coming up, the DSTWO probably stands the best chance of being usable on it in DS mode because the supercard team are pretty active and it's a new cart. At the same time, you'll find quite a few DSi XL sales and it would be a good time to pick one up if none of the flashcarts work in DS mode on the 3DS. So either way, it will be handy to have a DSTWO.

There's a few threads in the EZ-Flash forum you might want to read.

3. BahamuatFury
    OP

United States
    Thanx tk. I've been doing a bit more research on the matter and what you're suggesting sounds like the better option. Dead batteries is something I'm not dealing with and while the SCDS2 didn't deliver on some of the things they offered it seems like something updated firmware can fix.

4. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. You sound like someone who's done their research, so i'm sure you'll make the right call.

5. BahamuatFury
    OP

United States
    Thanks man. Don't make much money with workstudy and after gas, tuition, etc not much for games. So I got to be careful about the "want" to buys.