Before I buy M3 Real Qs... sakura, slow, vs M3S, corrupt, vs DSTT?

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by wuka, Jul 20, 2008.

1. wuka
    OP

Newcomer wuka Member

- I understand Sakura is currently hacked for use with M3 Real, but is it going to be officially supported for the M3 Real? Or is that officially just for the Sakura card? My fear is that M3 will do something to make Sakura less hacker-friendly in the future if it's not officially supported.

- I've seen complaints about slow loading. Has this been fixed? Or is it not too bad?

- Is it at least as good as an M3 Simply? That was my last card before and have been happy with it, but lost the thing.

- Card corruption/killer... Is it correct that these problems are from the crappy card reader (same problem w/ M3 Simply bundle), not the card itself?

- Should I buy one? [​IMG] It was either this or DSTT.

Thanks!

2. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    m3sakura card=slightly redesigned m3real
    it has the exact same hardware.

m3sakura is firmware designed for the m3real, and m3sakura(card) is just a special edition m3real.

the current firmware is "hacked" because it's made for japanese flashcarts only.
    th3 m3 team is currently working on fixing some bugs so we get a proper english version for our english m3reals soon.

slow loading probably refers to the original m3real firmware, which needed quite some time to load different menu screens.
    m3sakura however runs very smooth, even while listening to mp3 music.

the card corruption can have 2 causes:
    faulty/unsupported homebrews, these usually don't cause microSD bricks, but they do cause data corruption, just make frequent backups(this happens with any flashcart!)
    or broken microSD reader, which often happens with the m3real included reader, and causes bricking of the microSD, luckily there are some proffesional formatting programs out there, and phones usually don't need to read a microSD to be able to wipe it.

3. o RedSheLL x

Member o RedSheLL x GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Get an M3 Real, M3 sakura is great even though I dont used the hacked version *not best homebrew support* and I use the R4 reader so no briking for me, and the firmware is a LITTLE bit slow when CLICKING the buttons to GO to the PLACES *sorry caps Im just trying to make a point lol* and ya, the GBA support is also amazing, so GET IT! [​IMG]

4. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    Read my reveiw on DStemp.tk (user reviews)
    ITS AWESOME!
    Don't use DSorganize though, that is guaranteed to break your microSD.
    excellent cheat support, if only I used cheats... (on most games, I really did find contra 4 hard)

5. o RedSheLL x

United States
    What the heck do u mean? LoL. I use it alot on the M3 Real.

6. alexjzim

Newcomer alexjzim Advanced Member

United States
    ok dude, this is gunna help u out so much. on the newer m3 cards, they redesigned it.

it looks exactly the same, except the little bump is gone, and it says m3 sakura on the top right corner ;-)

7. o RedSheLL x

United States
    That's Sakura, only released in Japan, but there is the hacked english firmware available for download on here.

8. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    no, he's talking about the new batches of m3real.
    they now come with smaller chips, and an m3sakura logo on them(this is a small watermark logo, only to show it supports m3sakura firmware)

9. o RedSheLL x

United States