Hacking been out of the scene question

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey been out of the scene, for a long time now and wanna make sure I'm getting accurate information. I have custom firware on my old 3ds, settings says 11.4.0-37U am I ok to update to play like pokemon online and that just got sun and moon ultra and cant wait to play but wanna make sure its ok

thank you

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you're on Luma check whether it's 7.1 or above, if it's below 7.1 I'm vusssing you have A9LH
I think I had something else installed for CFW and then I switched it out to A9LH I think cuz someone told me to... is there a way to check?
Of course.Just make sure to do a nand backup if you ever want to go on 11.4 after.
awesome sounds good thank you, but just update on the side that has my emunand not on the normal nand obviously?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think I had something else installed for CFW and then I switched it out to A9LH I think cuz someone told me to... is there a way to check?
First, to clarify, A9LH and its successor B9S are not CFWs - they're ways of launching a CFW (or other arm9 homebrews)

Check in the root of your SD for a file called boot.firm, if you have one you're most likely using B9S (can't be said for absolutely sure, since nothing prevents you from creating a file called boot.firm at any time or from having configured SD-less boot, but still...)
The A9LH equivalent of boot.firm is called arm9loaderhax.bin or arm9loaderhax_si.bin

kasek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First, to clarify, A9LH and its successor B9S are not CFWs - they're ways of launching a CFW (or other arm9 homebrews)

Check in the root of your SD for a file called boot.firm, if you have one you're most likely using B9S (can't be said for absolutely sure, since nothing prevents you from creating a file called boot.firm at any time or from having configured SD-less boot, but still...)
The A9LH equivalent of boot.firm is called arm9loaderhax.bin or arm9loaderhax_si.bin

I have A9LH, so I will make a back up and update then

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: