Hacking been out of the scene for awhile

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 926
  • Replies 3
D

Deleted User

OP
back when hurricane irma hit i accidentally formatted my memcard with gparted (yes i know im an idiot)
can someone give me a quick rundown of whats happened since then?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Not much, really. NoNPDRM was released, which is one of the better backup methods now. These are essentially full, mostly unmodified backups that use a "spoofed" verification file, so no more janky backups with Maidump/Vitamin. TL;DR, games previously undumpable (like Axiom Verge) are now dumpable and playable. This DOES NOT allow 3.61+ backups to be played.

Other than that, we have the latest Adrenaline v6 which is now a VPK and no longer requires a base game or activation, which I think was released before Irma so you probably already knew...

And then there's also ReNpDRM, which will be releasing in ~15 hours, that will bring back activation and PSN network stuff, that's probably the biggest thing released since SD2Vita/Enso.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
Not much, really. NoNPDRM was released, which is one of the better backup methods now. These are essentially full, mostly unmodified backups that use a "spoofed" verification file, so no more janky backups with Maidump/Vitamin. TL;DR, games previously undumpable (like Axiom Verge) are now dumpable and playable. This DOES NOT allow 3.61+ backups to be played.

Other than that, we have the latest Adrenaline v6 which is now a VPK and no longer requires a base game or activation, which I think was released before Irma so you probably already knew...

And then there's also ReNpDRM, which will be releasing in ~15 hours, that will bring back activation and PSN network stuff, that's probably the biggest thing released since SD2Vita/Enso.
yeah i already knew about the adrenaline vpk
any cool plugins or homebrew?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Not really. A few homebrew games and such, some updates to older homebrew, but nothing groundbreaking. I suggest just checking Wololo and just going back a few pages until you start hitting stuff you recognize, it's been fairly slow for the most part.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome