Been out of the loop for a while now (Over a year)

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Jamio88, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Jamio88
    OP

Newcomer Jamio88 Advanced Member

United States
    Hey guys, Well I had to sell my Wii in November of 2009 to help pay bills, Well I finally got it back (Bought it back off the dude yesterday) and was wondering if anyone can tell me if these games work and if so what Loader and Firmware I need to make them do so? Here is my current list:

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
    Metroid: Other M
    Metroid Trilogy
    Mario Kart Wii
    Mario Galaxy 2
    New Super Mario Bros
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Goldeneye 007

and finally

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Sorry for the long list, just been out of the loop for so long now, I really feel like a noob, lol. Any help would be awesome and greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Of course the games work. What did you think...that nintendo releases games that don't work? [​IMG]

...but considering this is a hacking forum, I guess you're talking about pirated warez backups of your games. The short answer is yes, you can play backups of those games. But there are some 'buts' in there.

As I mentioned in your other thread, it is best to use a USB drive instead of backup DVD's. It plays faster, saves your lens and makes things more comfortably because you don't have to switch discs anymore. And seeing your game list, it won't have you messing with a lot of things you shouldn't be messing with.

To start with the firmware...some of these games come with nintendo's 4.3 update on them. Despite the warning that "it is required to update", it is actually not required at all. 4.3, as well as the former 4.2, does nothing but remove all homebrew. And I don't know how you hacked in the past, but bannerbomb won't work on 4.3 to rehack it (in other words: you will need the correct retail game to rehack it then). So don't update. If you manually update the required IOS'es and cIOS'es, you've got the exact same thing...only better. I even advise to install priiloader...it has an option to block disc and online updates (we have far too many people coming here telling us they accidentally updated and are stuck because they can't afford a single game to rehack their wii).

Now...another reason why I advise to go USB-drive is because good loaders (USB loader CFG, wiiflow, GX) allow you to use a different cIOS per game. The latest disc loader (neogamma) only uses 249. And that won't work, as black ops needs a different cIOS than the other games.

I don't have the time to explain all the details (heck...do some research and read some stickies, will ya?), but if you encounter problems at any part, feel free to do a search about it...and ask for more specific help if you can't find it (note: black ops alone has about a dozen threads around here).

3. Donkey Plonk

Member Donkey Plonk GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    All those games boot fine in wiiflow from usb.
    Your cios will need to be created with a base 57 for black ops to work. Goldeneye may not start under these settings so you may need hermes 222 for that game.
    All the rest should be fine. Metroid Prime Trilogy you'll need to change the settings in your usb loader to boot a specific dol as the game doesn't work straight off in usb loaders.

Firmware doesn't matter but if you're on 4.2 or earlier you can hack it free (saying that though it should still be hacked from before right and have the homebrew channel?) but all firmwares upto the latest 4.3 are hackable although 4.3 specifically requires a game in order to hack it.

If you have your wii in the same state it was in a year ago, I'd personally use modmii to rehack it with the newer cios', an updated version of wiiflow or cfg, and to update your system menu/ios' to make it nicely compatible with all games

4. person66

Member person66 If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post

Canada
    Other then metroid prime trilogy, those will all work (black ops needs a specific base though, 57 I think)

For metroid prime trilogy, it will work, but you dont get 3 saves, cant use 2 player, and cant choose the difficulty. You also need to set up the dol.

If you have the time to set it up though, it will work in UNEEK, or NandEmu with Uniiloader. IIRC it also works fine if loaded from a burnt disk, instead of USB

5. Jamio88
    OP

Newcomer Jamio88 Advanced Member

United States
    Thanks for the info guys. Was not trying to be lazy, was just a quick post before going to bed (so did not have time to look it all up that night), had to work the next morning.

I got it all setup and everything is working great. Gonna grab up a 32gig USB drive and an external HDD (2tb) on the 11th when I get my tax return, but tapped until then (22 year old living on his own, bills are tight).

Thanks again for the info on getting my [legit....or not so much, I don't know) backups to work. It is greatly appreciated.