Hardware Been out of the loop, are <9.2 firmware 3DS XL consoles worthless now?

epicelite

Equal opportunity ass kicker.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mines still on like 7.2 or and nobody wants it. I'm trying to decide if I should just take gamestop up on their offer of $100 trade in credit or not because I've tried trading it/selling it and nobody will make a reasonable offer.

K

KingpinSlim

Of course not. These are still perfectly hackable consoles.

Why should they be worthless?

D

Deleted User

Well, they pretty much have the same value as anything 10.7 and below now since they are all down gradable to 9.2 for cfw/A9LH.
- Since your device is on 7.2 you actually won't have to go through the hassle of downgrading which isn't really a hassle anymore anyways with all the guides that we have now a days.
- You can just update using a game cart. You can go to http://www.3dsdb.com/ to see what games have what firmware on them to find out how to update to 9.2!

If you really don't want to play any previous or upcoming 3DS titles you can sell the console, but IMO you should keep it for the great support it has in this community with all the emulators and homebrew you can easily run on your device!
Hope this helped!

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
People are frugal on here. I've resold 3 hacked n3DS XL's for $300 each (just the system, no power cable). It was pretty much worth the hassle.

Maybe complete the a9lh installation and then try to sell it?

Gara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People are frugal on here. I've resold 3 hacked n3DS XL's for $300 each (just the system, no power cable). It was pretty much worth the hassle.

Maybe complete the a9lh installation and then try to sell it?

People on this site are incredibly frugal. One of the few places you can see heated debates about a $10 difference in flashcarts

I agree with the above about installing a9lh yourself or at least putting 9.2 firmware on it. You will be dealing with the lazy and uninformed. A9lh and 9.2 are hot keywords right now. Take advantage!

Reactions: Deleted User

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because a brand new N3DS XL/LL is relatively cheap at ~$199, so why pay even $100 for an O3DS? I say take the $100 trade-in credit. Only way to make a decent profit from a sane person is with a hard-modded and already hacked (with a9lh) N3ds.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because a brand new N3DS XL/LL is relatively cheap at ~$199, so why pay even $100 for an O3DS? I say take the $100 trade-in credit. Only way to make a decent profit from a sane person is with a hard-modded and already hacked (with a9lh) N3ds.
Why restrict yourself to only selling to save people? Money's money.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why restrict yourself to only selling to save people? Money's money.
what? Don't even understand what you're trying to say, but the way I read the OP, I'm guessing the $100 credit is more than anyone has offered in cash, which I why I ultimately said to take the credit. Because money is money, and more is more.

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what? Don't even understand what you're trying to say, but the way I read the OP, I'm guessing the $100 credit is more than anyone has offered in cash, which I why I ultimately said to take the credit. Because money is money, and more is more.
You said a sane person wouldn't pay more. Why restrict yourself to only selling to sane people?

Reactions: urherenow
D

Deleted User

"Some people on this forum won't take it so it must be USELESS". What the fuck? Try selling it out of this forum because people don't like to make fair deals here. Amazon, Ebay, Craigslist, other stuff.

Reactions: vincentthegamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended