Been having a really weird nightmare

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
For two consecutive days I've been having a dream, or say, nightmare that consists of a normal day and then later on (perhaps at night) people becom somewhat like zombies and whenever they heard a noise their ears bleed out. Afterwards, it's defend for themselves (or ourselves) until the next day. Strange thing is, I keep sleeping so I don't mind going with it.

I know this could seem like something from the movie "The Purge" but god damn this isn't something very pleasant to be dreaming about.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For two consecutive days I've been having a dream, or say, nightmare that consists of a normal day and then later on (perhaps at night) people becom somewhat like zombies and whenever they heard a noise their ears bleed out. Afterwards, it's defend for themselves (or ourselves) until the next day. Strange thing is, I keep sleeping so I don't mind going with it.

I know this could seem like something from the movie "The Purge" but god damn this isn't something very pleasant to be dreaming about.
Watch Winnie the pooh before you are going to bed.
Helps me when i have a nightmare

Reactions: frogboy

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Next time you get that dream, remember to have some insane amounts of guns and ammo.. ..and take those with you though this Zombie town in a tank-like car, that is full of spikes and blades attached to it, a-lá Mad Max Style!! :creep:

But really, seems like I'm joking (maybe a little..), but not really! ...About this monster dreams that you can't really explain why they keep happening, the best thing to get rid of them is to kick it in the butt hard... The relevance of the dream will then get away, and with it, the dream itself.

As an example, I had a dream where a half ghost/half monster girl would jump in my face, to annoy and scare me... ....I then said to her, in the dream, "get out of here you bitch!" and punched her right in the face... ..the punch was so strong that I woke-up during it, ending up punching my wall in real life ...true story ...my hand hurt a bit, but that bitch never came back :tpi:

Maxtram

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
do you sleep with the tv "on" in the background while sleeping? maybe you got to hear a few zombies movies in the night that trigger that dream

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
Sort of reminds me of a dream I had when I was about four where my mom turned into a terrifying looking vampire and began choking me while people around me were laughing. I've always had the shittiest dreams for some reason...

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I get these type of nightmares if I talk or use a term that's affiliated with it. For example, the other day, I was mentioning of how Pretzels are so annoying. The night of that day had me dreaming of a Pretzel rainfall. No-jokes; I swear. But since your case is a bit more deeper and darker, perhaps: Have positive thoughts throughout the day, do positive, relaxing things. It helps, prevents you from being distracted from those things. Also, after waking up; its common to forget your dreams--happen usually if things are going good and positive.

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard that some dreams are affected by the food you eat. Try changing up your diet for a day and see what happens.

mercuryshadow09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have PTSD and have nightmares about pretty horrific gun battles once or twice a week and wake up in a sweaty panic, therapy has helped somewhat, dreams are psychological in nature and can stem from a problem you didn't know was a problem!

Atlas_Noire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's only a theory, but I think that the dreams we have is affected by our moods. The more stressed out you are when going to sleep, the more likely that you will experience having nightmares. My solution, try to keep yourself in a comfortable position when sleeping. Try not to get yourself too stressed out before going to bed.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I've been having several nightmares too. Apparently, the only way I can get out of them is by knowing that I am dreaming and then waking myself up. It worked for several times and then I started learning about lucid dreaming. I've been doing it since with some failure but if it works, I am completely in control of my dreams.

Atlas_Noire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Recently I've been having nightmares about the world coming to an end like massive earthquake, great flood, zombie apocalypse, etc. I talked to a resident therapist who happens to live near our town to discuss about it, and he says it's due to me having a case of insomnia. Well I can understand. In the last 5 days, I would usually stay up until 4 AM in the morning.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oneirology is a weird thing, dreams and what causes them still remains somewhat a mystery, I've my share of flat out disturbing dreams, but I personally don't think it's a sign of anything necessarily wrong.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
I heard that some dreams are affected by the food you eat. Try changing up your diet for a day and see what happens.
Nope. And now that I said it doesn't work, it won't work.
You can use anything to convince yourself- don't make it food.
Just say "if I hold my breath for 30 seconds before I sleep..(insert result) will happen." It's the equivalent to the food thing, a mind trick. And hey, they work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1