Hacking Been gone for 2 months, can someone please give me a refresher and answer my questions...

TwilightWarrior

GBATEMP'S Official Boss
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So for Henkaku, how does this whole thing work again...

1) Is it still the type of thing that I have to install the hack everytime I turn on my vita? (I have the email thing)

2) I have this app on my vita called offline installer with a wifi symbol crossed out, don't remember what it is, anyone know lol

3) What is currently the best way to install a VPK on a vita without it taking double the space?

4) Can I backup VPK games using QCMA?

5) What happens when I delete a VPK game, is the save data also gone?

Thanks Guysss, sorry for being a nuisance

Reactions: yifan_lu
D

Deleted User

1) Yep, every reboot you'll still have to either run the online or offline (email) exploit for HENkaku to take effect on the Vita.

2) Offline installer installs the offline version of HENkaku to the email app. (Creates a seperate tab in the mail app dedicated to HENkaku every time you want to run it.

3) VitaOrganizer. Installs large VPKs directly from your PC with no hassle.

4) Nope, the games/apps will still be encrypted if you back them up to your PC using QCMA. If you want to backup a VPK-format game, take all of its contents from its ux0:app/GAMEID/ folder, compress them into a ZIP, then rename the ZIP extension to VPK.

5) It will just be like deleting any other app from your Vita. I believe the savedata will also get deleted, yes.

Yifan_lu also released taiHENkaku in November, which he now recently recommended over the normal HENkaku. taiHEN enables better plugin support, as well as new types of plugins that will allow newer, useful features. It is also the gateway to the newer PSP eCFW for 3.60, Adrenaline.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Is that random save issue (deleting) still occurring or has a fix been found for it now? I stopped keeping up with the Vita scene once reports of this started appearing and along with malicious VPK's that were bricking people, so I turned my attention to other things since.

Gorre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4) Nope, the games/apps will still be encrypted if you back them up to your PC using QCMA. If you want to backup a VPK-format game, take all of its contents from its ux0:app/GAMEID/ folder, compress them into a ZIP, then rename the ZIP extension to VPK.
This isn't so, a dumped game backed up with qcma will still work with plugins when you reinstall, and Mai has no extract/decrypt option for them, as they've already been decrypted.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

This isn't so, a dumped game backed up with qcma will still work with plugins when you reinstall, and Mai has no extract/decrypt option for them, as they've already been decrypted.
Aww man, I knew I'd misread one of those questions! >.> Thank you. I thought he meant backing them up directly into the VPK format using QCMA, you see. :P

Gorre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly I was hoping they got re-encrypted, as 4 player mode and functioning Zero still elude me on Borderlands 2 :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)