Hacking been away since v4 till now v4.2

cv65user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I was originally from yafaze. After googling to find out alternative and links to as what happened, I realised. I have been out the scene for months as i thought it would be a soft mod and forget but I think its time to bring my WII up to scratch.

it was bought new dec 2009 with FW 3.2E , manual updated to FW v4 then used hackmii installer to get HBC v103. then after confirming with yafaze that the WII FW update v4.1 was only the option for motion sensor it was safe to do so and it updated it. so my wii is FW v4.1 with updated HBC v106 . with cios rev14 using usb loader gx with an Iomega 1tb external USB drive. its also got bootmii in boot2 .

I would like to update it to:
FW v4.2 via system menu ?
and cios rev 15 via HBC - i thought cios rev 14 was going to be the last?
then update usb loader gx dol
in that order? - will there be any other IOS / CIOS files need updating/patching?

Asides a different issue, I have mplayer channel installed which maps to mplayer v075 on my 1gb sd card. If i select a channel beside my mplayer or HBC , etc or any other channel for example. It brings up the channel full screen . If i then use the + / - minus buttons to scroll channels back or forth towards to the mplayer channel it shows the mplayer channel splash screen and then my WII will freeze until i turn wii off/on from the wii power button. I presume this is a fault with the mplayer channel ? Any one else have same issue / resolution? But strangely if i select mplayer channel direct and start it . it loads mplayer perfectly.

cv65user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What it seems is you cannot update straight from WII fw v4.1e to WII fw v4.2e as WII fw v4.2 will looks for where HBC is installed via its title number and keep deleting it everytime you reboot your WII.

So what we need to do is run through the guides again as from scratch. Or update all the apps to - bootmii (v2 beta i beleive?) , hbc v106 , dvdx . The new versions have new title id numbers so the new WII FW v.4.2 will not be able to find these and keep deleting it and then only update WII FW v.4.2 then downgrade to what seems ALOT of IOS - of which this bit i am confused at the moment . - more reading and research to follow .

Ill probaly keep it on cios rev 14 due to the reports I have heard of cios rev 15 (being the latest)

bazamuffin

RESIDENT HATER OF POLITICAL POSTING WANKSTAINS
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay

cv65user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am trying to get my games load from disc channel rather then the neo gamma disc channel . i get disc error but it works perfect in neo gamma disc channel . so is dop ios a replacement for cioscorp ?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cv65user said:
Hi, I was originally from yafaze. After googling to find out alternative and links to as what happened, I realised. I have been out the scene for months as i thought it would be a soft mod and forget but I think its time to bring my WII up to scratch.

it was bought new dec 2009 with FW 3.2E , manual updated to FW v4 then used hackmii installer to get HBC v103. then after confirming with yafaze that the WII FW update v4.1 was only the option for motion sensor it was safe to do so and it updated it. so my wii is FW v4.1 with updated HBC v106 . with cios rev14 using usb loader gx with an Iomega 1tb external USB drive. its also got bootmii in boot2 .

I would like to update it to:
FW v4.2 via system menu ?
and cios rev 15 via HBC - i thought cios rev 14 was going to be the last?
then update usb loader gx dol
in that order? - will there be any other IOS / CIOS files need updating/patching?

Asides a different issue, I have mplayer channel installed which maps to mplayer v075 on my 1gb sd card. If i select a channel beside my mplayer or HBC , etc or any other channel for example. It brings up the channel full screen . If i then use the + / - minus buttons to scroll channels back or forth towards to the mplayer channel it shows the mplayer channel splash screen and then my WII will freeze until i turn wii off/on from the wii power button. I presume this is a fault with the mplayer channel ? Any one else have same issue / resolution? But strangely if i select mplayer channel direct and start it . it loads mplayer perfectly.

Nobody has pointed out this guy posting from the future yet?

Anyways, there's really not much point in updating most of that. 4.2 has absolutely nothing over 4.1 except for attempts to remove the very stuff you installed. That's ALL 4.2 was. A homebrew removal attempt. Nothing more. It's not always necessary to be on the latest cIOS revision either. Just install the one with whatever bugs you would rather deal with. USB Loader GX you should be able to auto update through the loader itself in the settings if it's at least somewhat recent.

QUOTE(cv65user @ Nov 29 2009, 03:48 AM) i am trying to get my games load from disc channel rather then the neo gamma disc channel . i get disc error but it works perfect in neo gamma disc channel . so is dop ios a replacement for cioscorp ?

No dop-IOS is nothing like cIOSCORP. Putting the trucha bug back on an IOS as they technically officially were on 3.2 and below =/= turning an IOS into a cIOS. If you REALLY need to load from the disc channel then you need to get cIOSCORP (3.5 at the moment). But if your games are already working fine with NeoGamma, you're basically going to be turning all of your official IOS's into something like Waninkoko's cIOS installed to IOS249 just so you can click one box over and load it exactly the same way in the normal disc channel, but with a little animation in the box.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night