Hacking Been away from the scene for awhile could use some help

Iorkca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So i bought this card http://www.3ds-cart.com/en/r4i-gold/8-r4i-gold-3ds-for-3ds-dsi-dsl.html and i plan on using it on my 3ds but im not sure what to setup on it. I read that i could use this http://www.r4wood.com/pages/Wood-R4-Kernel.html with the YSMenu but the site also claims i can use this http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/downloade.asp which has an updated 2016 firmware but im just not sure what to do. I tried the r40-sdhc firmware and it loads but to a black screen so im assuming i did something wrong. Im gonna keep trying but if anyone has some advice for me so i can get the best experience with the new card i would appreciate it. Also on the sdhc site it says you can play wifi enabled games is this true id love to be able to play wifi with my friend and Digimon Dusk/dawn

thanks for any help

Iorkca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok so wood works but when it loads the top screen is white with nothing on it and the bottom screen is black but with folders that have no names anywhere and a micro SD icon, when i go into the micro SD my game is there and it works fine. Is there anyway to get a background and stuff working so its not all black, i know the last time i used wood, it had a wood grain background and the folder icons had words next to them

helltoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
huh. never heard of that before. you did download the one from the link I posted, right? try setting a theme from the menu, maybe that will fix it.

other than that, try reformatting the SD card properly:

use this tool
(use these options : FORMAT TYPE - FULL (Erase ON) : FORMAT SIZE ADJUSTMENT - ON)

Last edited by helltoast,

Iorkca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am using a 3ds if that makes a difference it does work just im not getting the skin. I did do the format with the 3.1 tool but i can try again with the 4.0 tool if it makes a difference. Also im gonna try it in a DSi my son has.

helltoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it shouldn't matter, no. check the board revision, there should be a small, white letter next to the contacts. D is the latest. also check the firmware version in the menu, if it says 'NDSi 1.45&3DS6.2.0-12' then it's also the latest one.

everything should be working fine in that case. maybe some member who came across this issue will be able to help.

Iorkca

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok hmm so i was using an 8g micro sd i have laying around cause the site was gonna sell me one so i assumed they worked, i have a 2g non sdhc card laying around i installed it on that and boom everything works fine. I was under the impression 8g micro sd cards worked. Is it maybe the brand my 8g card is just a generic brand could that be the issue? I should also note that the game would load and play fine on the 8g card i just had no background or anything

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So i used the format tool to format my 8g card and now its working not sure what happened but, its working all that matters.

helltoast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it maybe the brand my 8g card is just a generic brand could that be the issue?

yes. the SD cards these Chinese stores sell are highly unreliable, usually rebranded or downright defective. you shouldn't be surprised if the 8 gigs are actually 2, in which case the card will overwrite older data.

you should still get another one even if it's working now. regardless, enjoy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1