Been away for a while, a couple questions about my console

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ltra1n, Nov 14, 2016.

1. ltra1n
    OP

ltra1n Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2013
    United States
    So I'm on a 4.3 system and I managed to update my Gateway to 3.4.1. My Emunand is still GW3D 9.0.0-20U

So my questions are:

- should I update the emunand through system update? Is the most recent one 11.2 and is it safe?

- I never learned to install CIAs... how do I do that? Do I use devmenu.3ds or is there a better way now?

- CFWs... I never got one installed. Luma seems to be the easiest but what do I get out of installing and how do I do so?

Last edited by ltra1n, Nov 14, 2016
  2. metroid maniac

metroid maniac An idiot with an opinion

May 16, 2009
    Latest emunand should work fine.

FBI is the best CIA installer.

GBA/DSiWare support mainly.

3. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Prepare for people to tell you to ditch gateway and switch over to a9lh and tell you that gateway has a brick code blah blah

4. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You'll need Gateway 3.7.1 if you want to update to the latest firmware on emuNAND.

To install cias you can get FBI.3ds and run it from your Gateway card.

And yeah, a9lh is better but you don't have to do it if you don't want to. I'll just leave this here.... https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started

Zidapi likes this.
  5. Alex658

Alex658 GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 4, 2010
    Venezuela
    Venezuela
    Keep in mind this is by far the better and future proof option, plus, you can also use gateway with it and have TWO storage spaces at the same time!

Quantumcat likes this.
  6. ltra1n
    OP

ltra1n Member

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2013
    United States
    Thanks yall. Seems like for what I wanna do Gateway is fine. I up'd Gateway to latest beta, up'd emunand to 11.2, and looks like I'm set for the pokecraze. 1st one since GBC.