Hacking Been away a long time, tips for re-starting from scratch?

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It must have been 18 months since I last touched my 3DS XL, and I haven't kept up with the news. Also, my Gateway refuses to load. So I'm more than willing to just start fresh, and re-installing from zero.
But I don't want to do something stupid in the process, so I'd like to ask for guidance :)
I'm on firmware 4.2.

Thank you for the help :)

natkoden

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It must have been 18 months since I last touched my 3DS XL, and I haven't kept up with the news. Also, my Gateway refuses to load. So I'm more than willing to just start fresh, and re-installing from zero.
But I don't want to do something stupid in the process, so I'd like to ask for guidance :)
I'm on firmware 4.2.

Thank you for the help :)

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you for the links :)

The scene really changed in a year and a half... I'm reading through the guide, but there are two things I still don't understand:
1) how do I remove any trace of my precedent hack in order to start fresh with the new one?
2) since the A9LH method doesn't require flashcards, what does it mean that the new Gateway software "supports it"?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by wormdood,

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Followed the whole guide, what a ride :)
Now that I have the A9LH, does Gateway offer real advantages? Do you guys still use it?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Followed the whole guide, what a ride :)
Now that I have the A9LH, does Gateway offer real advantages? Do you guys still use it?
1. in game cheats (dont use cheats online . . . you have been warned) and & gateway is a second storage space for your games (assuming you have multiple sd cards)
2. only those who owned them before the advent of cfw some people sell them off . . . attempting to keep gateway up to date is always difficult as gateway is always playing catch up . . . in the end only you know if its useful for you

cloudfe

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
1. in game cheats (dont use cheats online . . . you have been warned) and & gateway is a second storage space for your games (assuming you have multiple sd cards)
2. only those who owned them before the advent of cfw some people sell them off . . . attempting to keep gateway up to date is always difficult as gateway is always playing catch up . . . in the end only you know if its useful for you

Thank you very much for your insight, I appreciate it :)

Reactions: wormdood

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt