Been a while since updates? ModMii tested, gamer approved

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by ChrisStosberg, Nov 13, 2011.

1. ChrisStosberg
    OP

Newcomer ChrisStosberg Newbie

So I've seen people asking the same thing more or less, and a lot of answers but all coming across differently.

If you're going to update your softmod, use syscheck and modmii... modmii's smart, it'll check out your install, and give you what you need. I just updated like 40 cios/ios, flawlessly.

Big note here, STAY AWAY FROM PIMP MY WII... If you've got a choice between ModMii, and brick my wii, WHY not go with the one with the rep to back it up?

Run SysCheck, Run ModMii, SU option, drag syscheck.csv over, grab your updates, mmm batch install... easy, 10 minute, no-brick update. i even dl'd a few apps that i figured needed updated...

On a side note, any media players out there capable of handling 720/1080 video without the stutter? not a quality issue here, but all my anime is 720p mkv and wiimc can't handle it.

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    thx for the positive feedback on ModMii :D

btw, you may want to check out using MPlayer_CE w/ cIOS202. I've heard ppl say it's really improved. And just a side note, WiiMC is basically a skinned\tweaked version of MPlayer_CE (same dev too: Tantric)

3. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Extrems develops MPlayer CE, not Tantric.

4. desh_thiere

Member desh_thiere GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    I will throw my hat in the ring for Modmii also. I foolishly (apparently) updated my wii yesterday using Pimp My Wii to run Skyward Sword. The update worked, but I lost the ability to play wiiware games from SD. After asking on here, i was directed to Modmii. Ran the wizard, got the files, re-softmodded my wii using the files and it now works fine with no issues. It was effortless and noob proof. Great piece of software.

5. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I'd like to add that it's not just the reputation, but the user feedback as well. If something goes wrong, you can get help on this forum pretty easily. And in the case modmii is to blame, it gets updated pretty fast.

@tueidj: XFlak is saying that Tantric develops WiiMC.

6. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

(what is it with people not being able to properly understand english on this forum lately...)

7. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    ModMii owns bones.