Been a while since i touched the Wii again, need some refresher help

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Shadow_Boss, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Shadow_Boss
    OP

Shadow_Boss Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2011
    Canada
    Sup folks,

So, I remember I haven't played Skyward Sword yet, and I've been planning to---however, I gave away my hard drive to a friend that was already set up to run the wbfs stuff.

So, what I did was I transfered, Wwe 13, Fire Emblem and Skyward Sword to my 16gb usb fat32 drive, using Wii Backup Manager 64 bit.

however, when I load, usb loader gx, it freezes on initializing usb (i am using usb slot 0).

I'm thinking maybe I need to update, I have version 4.1u for the Wii, when that version was released, a few months after was when I did my first and only software mod (So I'm pretty sure I'm really behind in the updates lol).

Will ModMii help me again and do a complete cfw update? or do I just need to update usb loader gx? orrr do I need to update wii, then update cfw?

thanks for the help guys

oh and I bought my Wii on Launch Day, in Canada---so It's not the Korean version.

2. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    Yeah, update your Wii and then use Modmii to rehack it. And I hope you have fun with Skyward Sword; it's a pretty cool game. And if any of your loaders need to be updated, then just go into their sections where you can check for updates.

Shadow_Boss likes this.
  3. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    yes use ModMII to bring you up to firmware 4.3. also format your hard-drive to fat32 if its not for better compatibility.
    also download certain CIOS to help make your Wii more stable.

Shadow_Boss likes this.
  4. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Don't even bother to update it first, just use ModMii, it will help you do whatever you need to get up and running.

Shadow_Boss likes this.
  5. Shadow_Boss
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2011
    Canada
    thanks for the quick reply, that's easy enough, if i remember correctly, ModMii does everything for you, appreciate it Wizzard!

6. Shadow_Boss
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2011
    Canada

yeah I've been wanting to play it for so long, but i kept getting side tracked by the ps3 and college and eventually forgot I even had it lol, thanks

7. Shadow_Boss
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2011
    Canada
    oh quick question, using the modMii guide, do I want to upgrade system menu to 4.3? or just leave it as 4.1 (recommended) ?

8. calmwaters

calmwaters Cat's best friend

May 27, 2013
    United States
    happy land
    You'd better do what's recommended. Be safe...

Shadow_Boss likes this.
  9. Shadow_Boss
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2011
    Canada
    sounds good, thanks. Can't wait to start playing again.

10. Shadow_Boss
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2011
    Canada
    Okay, so..I'm having an issue...the guide says to install IOS236, but there's nothing in my homebrew channel....

I used, boot2, to upgrade homebrew channel, so I'm running version 1.1.2, and it says launch" IOS236 Installer v5 MOD" but I don't see that anywhere lol

I copied the "Copy to SD card" folder...was i suppose to copy the contents only? lol

11. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    沖縄県
    contents only

Shadow_Boss likes this.
  12. Shadow_Boss
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 19, 2011
    Canada
    alright so i did that, i guess something was just wrong with the transfer, so i formatted sd card again, and copied everything over, reinstalled homebrew channel update, and badaboom, everything is there.

Big thanks to all you folks who helped me out man, appreciate it!