Shadow_Boss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sup folks,

So, I remember I haven't played Skyward Sword yet, and I've been planning to---however, I gave away my hard drive to a friend that was already set up to run the wbfs stuff.

So, what I did was I transfered, Wwe 13, Fire Emblem and Skyward Sword to my 16gb usb fat32 drive, using Wii Backup Manager 64 bit.

however, when I load, usb loader gx, it freezes on initializing usb (i am using usb slot 0).

I'm thinking maybe I need to update, I have version 4.1u for the Wii, when that version was released, a few months after was when I did my first and only software mod (So I'm pretty sure I'm really behind in the updates lol).

Will ModMii help me again and do a complete cfw update? or do I just need to update usb loader gx? orrr do I need to update wii, then update cfw?

thanks for the help guys

oh and I bought my Wii on Launch Day, in Canada---so It's not the Korean version.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, update your Wii and then use Modmii to rehack it. And I hope you have fun with Skyward Sword; it's a pretty cool game. And if any of your loaders need to be updated, then just go into their sections where you can check for updates.

Reactions: Shadow_Boss

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sup folks,

So, I remember I haven't played Skyward Sword yet, and I've been planning to---however, I gave away my hard drive to a friend that was already set up to run the wbfs stuff.

So, what I did was I transfered, Wwe 13, Fire Emblem and Skyward Sword to my 16gb usb fat32 drive, using Wii Backup Manager 64 bit.

however, when I load, usb loader gx, it freezes on initializing usb (i am using usb slot 0).

I'm thinking maybe I need to update, I have version 4.1u for the Wii, when that version was released, a few months after was when I did my first and only software mod (So I'm pretty sure I'm really behind in the updates lol).

Will ModMii help me again and do a complete cfw update? or do I just need to update usb loader gx? orrr do I need to update wii, then update cfw?

thanks for the help guys

oh and I bought my Wii on Launch Day, in Canada---so It's not the Korean version.
yes use ModMII to bring you up to firmware 4.3. also format your hard-drive to fat32 if its not for better compatibility.
also download certain CIOS to help make your Wii more stable.

tbgtbg

Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, update your Wii and then use Modmii to rehack it. And I hope you have fun with Skyward Sword; it's a pretty cool game. And if any of your loaders need to be updated, then just go into their sections where you can check for updates.

Don't even bother to update it first, just use ModMii, it will help you do whatever you need to get up and running.

Shadow_Boss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
thanks for the quick reply, that's easy enough, if i remember correctly, ModMii does everything for you, appreciate it Wizzard!

Shadow_Boss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

yeah I've been wanting to play it for so long, but i kept getting side tracked by the ps3 and college and eventually forgot I even had it lol, thanks

Shadow_Boss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
oh quick question, using the modMii guide, do I want to upgrade system menu to 4.3? or just leave it as 4.1 (recommended) ?

Shadow_Boss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, so..I'm having an issue...the guide says to install IOS236, but there's nothing in my homebrew channel....

I used, boot2, to upgrade homebrew channel, so I'm running version 1.1.2, and it says launch" IOS236 Installer v5 MOD" but I don't see that anywhere lol

I copied the "Copy to SD card" folder...was i suppose to copy the contents only? lol

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so..I'm having an issue...the guide says to install IOS236, but there's nothing in my homebrew channel....

I used, boot2, to upgrade homebrew channel, so I'm running version 1.1.2, and it says launch" IOS236 Installer v5 MOD" but I don't see that anywhere lol

I copied the "Copy to SD card" folder...was i suppose to copy the contents only? lol
contents only

Shadow_Boss

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
alright so i did that, i guess something was just wrong with the transfer, so i formatted sd card again, and copied everything over, reinstalled homebrew channel update, and badaboom, everything is there.

Big thanks to all you folks who helped me out man, appreciate it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou