Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi there,

due to a recent mistake to my favor I would like to know what you would do.

I ordered something from an Online shop and somehow they put the same mail label on a package someone else should have recieved.
As I am an Honest guy (even though in our modern time this would sadly be labled "stupid") I wrote to the company about their mistake and send the package back as a retour like they asked to !
I did something similiar before as well when another company did send me my order twice ! than as I didn't mind having more than I ordered they offered me to keep it for a "small" amount of money, less than it would have been usualy (still I could just have kept it for free if I would not have been so honest)

So yeah would you guys be honest of would you just be like most people in the world and pretend to not know anything ?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scenario 1, i'd contact the company. They screwed up and someone else shouldn't suffer for it.

Scenario 2, i'd just keep it. They screwed up. If its not big enough for them to notice themselves, then I wont bother going to the effort of reporting it myself.

Reactions: Thanatos Telos

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's a random package that belonged to someone else, I'd probably try to return it. If I happened to get two of the same package, I'd keep it.

Reactions: Thanatos Telos

Par39

The Life Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
In both cases I'd contact the company, or at least try to.

I've even told teachers if they've miscounted my points to be higher that they actually were, leading to a drop in my grade <-< I just feel so guilty about not being honest q-q

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yeah would you guys be honest of would you just be like most people in the world and pretend to not know anything?

There's a difference between being honest and having a big mouth. If they were to contact you and ask about it, then yes, of course be honest (if they will cover the cost of their mistake). However, don't go out of your way to fuck yourself over. As a company, it is their job to make sure the right packages go to the right people. If they don't, that's their problem, not yours.

I've even told teachers if they've miscounted my points to be higher that they actually were, leading to a drop in my grade <-< I just feel so guilty about not being honest q-q

Fun fact: Universities don't check your honesty levels when you apply there. Neither do employers. They just look at grades.

Reactions: Deleted_171835

Par39

The Life Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Fun fact: Universities don't check your honesty levels when you apply there. Neither do employers. They just look at grades.
I know. My grades are good enough to get into pretty much any school I want, even without a small boost from a teacher's error. It's just for my personal peace of mind.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

koimayeul

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You did the right thing, honesty is ALWAYS of better worth, some things don't have a price and they are the most valuable, like a clean consciousness.. So, keep up the good mindset, sir!! ;)

Reactions: DinohScene

PityOnU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, related to thread title:

Bee%20Yourself.png

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ahah xd
Well I'd just be honest c:
Can't care about people thinking it's stupid.
At least you can say that you have some decency and that you're not a filthy rat that wants profit.
People like that disgust me.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
For me, honesty probably wouldn't be the issue, but rather laziness.

This so hard. If it's something I can't use, I would probably put off notifying whomever to the point where there wouldn't be any...point.

And if it's something I'd totally use, then I'd probably keep it. $Evil ;O;

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
so true ... still it seems most GBATemp mebmers are "honest" even thought I am not really sure they answered honestly in the poll XD

ME4Kf.gif

I'd leave it for a few weeks to see if the company realises. If not, I keep it :yay:

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo
P

pasc

That reminds me of the purse that I found on the floor one day.
Brought it in a shop and never heard anything about it again...

That probably was stupid, should have brought it to a proper place, a lost property office for example...

I think the thought that drives us "honest" people is really this one:
You would want another person to treat your misfortune the same way:
Return the good that isn't theirs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu: i know this isn't the place but does/did anybody have the same issue as me?