OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Since i have played many fun games in Japanese, i couldn't understand it so i am asking you all translators for ds games and post very easy step-by-step guide for translating games. NOT graphics, or dubbing voice, or cut scenes, but just translating words. I know there is a topic about this but i am new and it was really complicated to understand. So again, what i am asking is a EASY step-by-step translating ds roms in general. This may turn out to be a good topic for future translators. But first i would like to know how to translate. Plz also give me the programs i will need to download in the steps also. (THANX
smile.gif

george.chya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your first step should be to obtain a proper grasp of both english and japanese witch from your post I suspect you lack both.

ShinRyouma

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
There're a lot of threads asking about this, search for them. You want EASY step-by-step instructions? Read some documents in romhacking.net/start (they aren't step-by-step instructions, but basic of romhacking, and EASY to understand). If you want to translate games focus on text editing and learn japanese.
Good luck.

azerty1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
he's asking only for dialogue text, and no graphics, which is sorta my specialty/all i can do...

there is no such thing as easy step-by-step instructions. a lot of reverse engineering is logic, understanding how a computer functions and staring at what often feels like the Matrix code.
shinryouma is right. even if romhacking.net/start is on snes roms, that knowledge can help out a lot. just don't spend too much time working on tables. so far, all the games on the ds (with the exception of 2 to my knowledge), use the same table so pay more attention to pointers and stuff.

if you don't like romhacking.net/start, FAST wrote a terrific guide on this forum (stickied at the top). it does talk about graphics and stuff, but if you actually look through it, there are plenty of juicy tidbits on text stuff.

Inunah

The Female Mistaken for a Male.
Banned
Trophies
Website
inuscreepystuff.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
kevin64811 said:
Since i have played many fun games in Japanese, i couldn't understand it so i am asking you all translators for ds games and post very easy step-by-step guide for translating games. NOT graphics, or dubbing voice, or cut scenes, but just translating words. I know there is a topic about this but i am new and it was really complicated to understand. So again, what i am asking is a EASY step-by-step translating ds roms in general. This may turn out to be a good topic for future translators. But first i would like to know how to translate. Plz also give me the programs i will need to download in the steps also. (THANX
smile.gif

Step 1 - Learn Japanese
Step 2 - Go to this URL.
Step 3 - ??????
Step 4 - Profit!

You want us to give you the programs you need? Well, first tell us what games you're planning to translate. What you use to grab the text and such sometimes depends on the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+