Beavis & Butt-head - New Season

Discussion in 'Books, Music, TV & Movies' started by Hadrian, Oct 28, 2011.

Oct 28, 2011
  1. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Just finished watching the latest episode and it feels like it has never had a gap. Sometimes when things come back they seem like an imitation but this was exactly how B&B was, of course now they comment on TV shows but that's a natural progression seeing MTV mainly shows more reality TV than music now.

Also I often forget how these guys are actually smart arses that just do dumb shit. Even when the show isn't doing the "social commentary" thing and just doing stupid dumb childish jokes...for some reason I just can't resist but laugh just from how the characters pull it off.

2. Hells Malice

Member Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    This is airing now?

Crap.

I should find it.

3. duel

Newcomer duel Member

Beyond the barriers of Space and Time, Australia
    Australia
    Oh man, the gym scene in Crying had me in tears. So good to have B&B back on TV.

4. ShadowSoldier

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    Finally, something worth watching on TV now. Now if only Judge could find someone who wants to air King of the Hill.

1 person likes this.
  5. DJPlace

Member DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

United States
    damn i missed it thursday night that pissed me off...

6. omgpwn666

Member omgpwn666 Guy gamer and proud!

United States
    I agree, I have to keep watching King of the Hill re-runs. As for Beavis and Butthead, I have to watch this since I missed the new episode.

7. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    You know, I still have Beavis & Butthead as my PC's theme and wallpaper. I've had that theme in use since before the original series ended. Been using that same theme for many years and many different PC's. It's a totally self-created theme using some of their dialog samples and the wallpaper is a pic of them sitting on that ratty old couch.

Every time I boot my PC, Beavis screams, "AHHHHHHYEAH! I am the great Cornholio! You have awakened my bunghole and now you must pay! Of course most other sounds are B&B related too.....like for instance.....when you get one of those stupid pop-up boxes that has "OK" or "CANCEL" as your choices, Butthead says, "Pull my finger." Emptying the recycle bin is Butthead saying, "Uh, thank you, goodbye (then a toilet flushes). Critical errors (not actually heard since Win98) would have Butthead saying, "This sucks worse than anything that has ever sucked before." Plugging in a USB device has Butthead saying, "Hey baby". Maximaze is Beavis, "yeah", minimize is Butthead, "Nope." Finishing a download is Beavis, "Damn! We're smooth". Stuff like that. True story.

So yeah, it's a safe bet to say I like Beavis & Butthead. And yep, I watched the newest episode. Recorded it on our PC too.

Anyone notice that it said Mike Judge's Beavis & Butthead, and not MTV's Beavis and Butthead? Hopefully Mike got a MUCH better deal this time around. MTV screwing him over about the rights was why the show ended last time.

I want more Cornholio episodes! Those were great! :rofl2:

8. Hadrian
    OP

Former Staff Hadrian Better than Craigslist

United Kingdom
    Yeah straight away, they came to him to bring it back so he must have either asked for the credit or MTV added the name because he has the kudos. Its great how he's just allowed to do his thing with this show, I was worried it would be more censored but its been left intact.

9. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I never saw B&B when I was a kid since I never had MTV on my TV :(
    Oh well, maybe its time to get in it...

10. SinHarvest24

Member SinHarvest24 Shiroyasha

Trinidad and Tobago
    This.

Love the episodes where Beavis puts his jersey over his head and walks around saying he needs TP for his BUNGHOLE. :rofl2:

I watched the new episode, it was pretty good.

11. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Glad to hear the new season is good; I will definitely have to check this out.

12. pokefloote

Member pokefloote GBAtemp Addict

United States
    I loved it.

And Rayder, that theme you have going on sounds AMAZING. D;

13. Zekrom_cool

Member Zekrom_cool I respect faith, but doubt is what gets you an edu

India
  14. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    I remember when I was a kid the first time I watched this cartoon there was this one episode where one of them gets his finger cut off and there's blood pouring out and the other one takes the finger and sticks it up his nose! What a piece of shit cartoon. I never watched it again after that.

15. hellklown

Newcomer hellklown Member

Mexico
    I just watched yesterday's episode and had a blast.
    After almost dragging my brother and forcing him to watch it (he and I were fans from the original and were afraid that the new episodes were "infected" by the new format of the music video-less MTv), I'm glad to see that it's almost as if no time has passed since the last season. We also liked that the irreverent humor is still there (and how the show not only riffs videos now, but the abominations that pass as TV shows like Jersey Shore). Looking forward for the rest of the season and also looking forward for the return of Cornholio (y)

16. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    huh. I feel like i might be one of the only ones here that dont like this show. oh well. Carry on. Im glad it makes other happy, at least. And its cool that their doing a reboot of an old cartoon.

17. Helpful Corn

Member Helpful Corn GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I nearly shit my pants when I read about this last year. This show may have been the most influental telivision program in my life. A comeback after so long gives hope to fans of cancelled programs everywhere although it would be more difficult with live action. BRING BACK FIREFLY AND SLIDERS. Firefly at least deserves a trek style film comeback.

18. Gahars

Member Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

United States
    Firefly got it. Unfortunately, no one went to see Serenity.

19. hellklown

Newcomer hellklown Member

Mexico
    Frankly, I think that it's the other way around. Most of the people I know do not like this show because they think that it pretty stupid (which I agree) and the style its too "ugly". I would not be a fan of the show if it wasn't for the age I had when I started watching it and the fact that it was a little controversial at it's time (and, of course, Cornholio).