Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sad news indeed.

Beastie Boys member Adam Yauch has passed away at the age of 47, according to online reports today (May 4).

According to US website TMZ, Yauch's death was first reported by hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons' website GlobalGrind.com, and has since been verified by people independently connected to the rapper who also say he is dead.

Yauch, who was also known as MCA, was diagnosed with cancer of the preaortic gland and lymph node in July 2009 and has been fighting the disease ever since. There is no official word on his cause of death as yet.

Although his bandmates had said that Yauch had responded well to his treatment, he hadn't appeared publicly with the band for some time and did not attend the band's induction into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame last month as he was too unwell.

Yauch co-founded Beastie Boys in 1979 with Mike D, Mix Master Mike, and Ad Roc and contributed to each of their eight studio albums. He is survived by his wife Dechen and his daughter, Tenzin Losel Yauch.

http://www.nme.com/n...e-boys--2/63627

The Beasties didn't do a lot of recording, the guys tended to prefer to do something they were happy with unlike most hip hop acts who fart out any old shit every year and killing their legacy.

Here's some greats:

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's some pretty sad news; I hadn't heard about his cancer, so this was pretty sudden. The world is left short one Beastie Boy today...

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it makes me sound like Uncle Rico from Napolean Dynamite, but their isn't much I wouldn't give to go back to 1988, hanging out after classes with my friends playing pingpong in our rented house and smoking that stuff I don't smoke anymore, listening to Beastie Boys, NWA, Biz Markie, etc.

RIP, MCA. Damn.

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The Beastie Boys have transcended the musical spectrum throughout their 20+ year career, using a mixture of punk, rock and hip hop to make some of the most memorable music of the 80's. Their music just wouldn't be the same without MCA, I hope they managed to complete Hot Sauce Committee part 1 before Adam passed away. May his legend live on through their music.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: New Ninjas welcome :ninja: