Beacon of Light - A Story

Discussion in 'GBAtemp Art Studio' started by KingdomBlade, Mar 23, 2011.

Mar 23, 2011
  1. KingdomBlade
    OP

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    I found myself walking in the darkness. I knew this was a dream, but I resisted pinching myself. It felt so nice to be alone in my thoughts. No one to bother me, no one to scream my name repeatedly to go down for dinner, no one to stalk my cellphone so constantly that I was forced to shut down my phone for the night. No one. Just me, walking along this empty road, feeling blind, without a shed of light in sight.

From the distance, there was a small glimpse of light moving left to right. As I neared it, the light was getting bigger and bigger. I felt a strange heat starting to engulf me. In a short while, I was next to a gigantic lighthouse, waving around its light back and forth and shining it at me. It was too bright here. I had to go away. I ran, my footsteps making little noises. I didn't want to see light. I needed to be alone, to find peace within myself.

As I was walking through the darkness, I felt peace again. I felt relaxed as I began to walk slowly. Everything seemed still, I felt much more blind to everything. It felt nice to not have a care in the world.

For some odd reason, I heard the faint sound of an ocean nearby. Ignoring it, I continued to wander around in the darkness. I suddenly felt my footsteps get slower, as if something was pushing against it. And in a moment, water splashed against me. I knew I couldn't swim so I tried to run away, but I didn't know where I was going. I walked into the wave and gasped to try and get my breath. I was desperate for air. Everything was disappearing. Suddenly, I heard the voice of an angel.

"Wake up! Time for breakfast!"

Her voice saved me from death.