Homebrew Discussion Be careful guys... If this happened 6.0 is NOT safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomi20

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just booted my switch and all I have done in the last few weeks is boot RCM. Not Homebrew but just RCM for 2 minutes. I came back to Error Code 2124-4007. Like I said no Homebrew. If you need more info PM me.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fucking with the Nintendo console at all (including something as simple as RCM'ing) at this point is prob going to fuck you when it comes to online communications.

I wouldn't be surprised in the future even doing a google search about hacking the switch through a browser would cause you to get banned.

Reactions: Kioku

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I just booted my switch and all I have done in the last few weeks is boot RCM. Not Homebrew but just RCM for 2 minutes. I came back to Error Code 2124-4007. Like I said no Homebrew. If you need more info PM me.
you should upload your info to the post of drax, a kind of rare maybe you were flagged before nity cant detect when you use autoRCM because is before of SO of switch. did you run any NSP file, XCI or dev menu before ? ( i am asking in the every life of your nintendo)

Freezerbomb

Likes tacos
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They most likely banned you for something you've done in the past. I sincerely doubt They would ban anyone for just for booting into RCM. You could trigger RCM by accident with a dirty Joycon or something.

edit:
I installed one nsp about 1 minute after I deleted it

That's what got you.

Last edited by Freezerbomb,

aerios169

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well that detail really matters. Even if you only had it installed for half a second, Nintendo can still see that
every game that were installed on your switch is stored on the memory of your swich so even if it was a minute nintendo read that info and banned you, the only thing that you could did to erease that registre was install a clean nand

Last edited by aerios169,
Reactions: Type_O_Dev

theguyver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
these threads of ban warnings are pointless. Everyone should know that installing nsp files should already know that they can be banned at any point regardless of any FW update. I have SXOS with a few NSP's and have gone online to play fornite alot in OFW and have yet to be banned. I know its eventually going to get banned and thats ok because thats the risk you take. Warning people about the update isnt going to prevent bans. The only way to prevent any ban is to not modify it and buy your games.

fst312

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah being banned is okay with me
Not banned yet but if I do get banned I’ll be okay too, as long as local play works I’ll probably be okay. Besides not sure if the switch will be like the Xbox 360 but I think if I’m correct when a person was banned with the red ring, there was a way to unban yourself, maybe the switch will be like that too.

bundat

¿
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
all I have done in the last few weeks is boot RCM. Not Homebrew but just RCM for 2 minutes.

I installed one nsp about 1 minute after I deleted it

:rofl: Didn't quite think that detail was important?

Installing an NSP installs a fake ticket (with the needed titlekey) into your ticketblob (unless you explicitly remove the fake ticket), and there are no current reliable methods of removing that fake ticket from your ticketblob, other than restoring a NAND backup. Tinfoil allows you to delete tickets, but the ticketblob is still invalid afterwards.

I already said this once before but I think it warrants mentioning here:
once you install an NSP
It's like "Switch herpes" :P. And a NAND backup is basically going back in time to before you caught it.

Last edited by bundat,

Type_O_Dev

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you wanna be a scumbag, just go to Gamestop, buy a used Switch, swap the motherboards, and return the Switch for a full refund. There, unbanned Switch! That's if the last owner didn't hack his Switch. :P
LOL sounds like something I may have done with a prior console :)

Reactions: achandab

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I love these threads. I did nothing wrong I swear! Oh but I installed nsps. Oh but it's ok I deleted it...........

These threads need deleting. Topic is misleading.
Topic should say I'm an idiot. I did illegal shit and I'm banned. Feel for me

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love these threads. I did nothing wrong I swear! Oh but I installed nsps. Oh but it's ok I deleted it...........

These threads need deleting. Topic is misleading.
Topic should say I'm an idiot. I did illegal shit and I'm banned. Feel for me
I disagree. This thread serves as a reminder that installing NSPs is a much higher ban risk than playing an XCI file. You know those TX haters love to pretend this is not true.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

however title should read "be careful, installing NSP for 1 minute is not safe"...

Reactions: YamiZee and roamin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.