dread123

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7338344.stm

nintendo and bbc struck a new deal, and we should have this available for download from today
smile.gif

how cool is that!!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gov78 said:
well my sis is gunna love this Eastenders is her fav >_> WONT BE ON THE WII AS MUCH DAMN BBC DAMN U TO HELL!

frown.gif
. Eastenders=fail , don't know how people can watch it , always got people whining about something on it , so depressing.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Armadillo said:
gov78 said:
well my sis is gunna love this Eastenders is her fav >_> WONT BE ON THE WII AS MUCH DAMN BBC DAMN U TO HELL!

frown.gif
. Eastenders=fail , don't know how people can watch it , always got people whining about something on it , so depressing.
Same characters with different names each year acting out the same plots. Then certain characters suddenly become completely different over night...yawn. Sadly my lady has to watch the main three soaps but its only about 1 & half hours so I just annoy you guys instead.

On topic, meh don't care All their stuff is either on demand or repeated again and again so its no use for me but might be good for those who don't want to sit on a PC and watch stuff or only have analogue or free digital.

Question: Can 360/PS3 owners use BBC site to watch stuff on their browsers?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Should be handu if I miss an episode of Top Gear... not that I enjoyed the last series. Maybe I'm just getting older or I'm really not liking how they have to deliberately fake the funny stuff.

Now get Channel 4 on board as well and I'm happy.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Harsky said:
Should be handu if I miss an episode of Top Gear... not that I enjoyed the last series. Maybe I'm just getting older or I'm really not liking how they have to deliberately fake the funny stuff.

Top Gear is on the BBC still?

wacko.gif
What channel?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
metroid_phobia said:
Harsky said:

wacko.gif
What channel?
Same channel as it's always been.

I meant when the new series is out

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I never knew it is 500 points

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/04/09/streamin...mes-to-the-wii/

Harsky said:
metroid_phobia said:
Harsky said:

wacko.gif
What channel?

I meant when the new series is out

ah right

QUOTE(SkH @ Apr 9 2008, 02:53 PM) Hm! So, um so, it's available yet?

read the article:

Early versions of the service will be available from 9 April but more polished software will be released as the service is developed.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hadrian said:
Question: Can 360/PS3 owners use BBC site to watch stuff on their browsers?

i would like to know that too, i know there is peekvid, not sure about other websites you can use, i just read about this article and it says you can only use the BBC iplayer if you are a paying for tv license otherwise you can't lol

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
it says you can only use the BBC iplayer if you are a paying for tv license otherwise you can't lol
The site just knows if you are from the UK by just detecting your IP address, they can't tell if you have a license or not. That's just a job for those detector fans ;P

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nah shouldn't have adverts , just change the way it's enforced. Encrypt the channel and send out viewing cards like everyone else does. That way people who use it pay and people who don't use it don't pay. Could of used the digital switch over to do it , but doing that would mean the bbc couldn't just mooch off everyone even if they don't watch the damn channel.

Doesn't take care of people who want it , but with adverts to make it free though , suppose they could always set up two streams , one encrypted and ad free , one not but with adverts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome