prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
pleu5.jpg
Famitsu reveals this week that Bayonetta will appears as a playable character in Anarchy Reigns (or Max Anarchy as it's known in Japan).
http://andriasang.com/con0c9/bayonetta_anarchy_reigns/

If Sam Gideon is included, day zero.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
TBH I couldn't get in Bayonetta even a bit. I thought it was horrible. TBH I like GoW-like games more that have a better balance of plattforming, combat and puzzles.

Now Sam Gideons inclusion would truely be epic, since Vanquish was kick-ass! That game was a rollercoaster-dream. Though I cannot see how they could include him, because he is so overpowered in comparison to Jack or Bayonetta!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bayonetta wasn't meant to be God of War, it was meant to be Devil May Cry. DMC never really focused on platforming, it focused on combat and mastering it, unlike God of War where mashing a few buttons will leave everything around you a red, beaten pulp.

I think the bigger news here is that Anarchy Reigns is still alive. Day one purchase for me, no exceptions. And yes, include Sam Gideon please. They already have Jack from MadWorld, now Bayonetta. Sam is a no-brainer.

Reactions: 1 person

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Bayonetta wasn't meant to be God of War, it was meant to be Devil May Cry. DMC never really focused on platforming, it focused on combat and mastering it, unlike God of War where mashing a few buttons will leave everything around you a red, beaten pulp.
I think GoW was a natural evulution for the brawler-genre and to go back to such simplistic gameplay (even though I can acknoledge that the combat was amazing and very complex) was imo not very good. I for one liked GoW as I said more, but Bayonetta maybe was for a different audience...

I really hope AR also will have a coorperativ mode!

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think GoW was a natural evulution for the brawler-genre and to go back to such simplistic gameplay (even though I can acknoledge that the combat was amazing and very complex) was imo not very good. I for one liked GoW as I said more, but Bayonetta maybe was for a different audience...

But Bayonetta (and Devil May Cry) wasn't a brawler at all, so that comparison doesn't fit. Also, how can it have very simplistic gameplay and complex combat?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

God of War has absolutely no depth in combat, it just looks better. You think the combat is fucking awesome when you see Kratos swinging around his giant chain blades and slaughtering everyone but in reality you're just mashing the attack button. Devil May Cry and its kinda focused on combat and timing. You can't just swing madly at an enemy. The combat certainly isn't "simplistic", it takes a lot of time to master. Try turning DMC3 onto max difficulty and see how many hours it takes to get past the first level.

Reactions: 1 person

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes! Once this game is finshed than Platinum games can focus all of their attention on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Are they making this as redemption game in honour of Mad World?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! Once this game is finshed than Platinum games can focus all of their attention on Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. Are they making this as redemption game in honour of Mad World?

It's basically the "spiritual successor" to MadWorld but it's also a completely new multiplayer brawler.

Also, is this XBLA/PSN or is it on for retail? I thought I heard it was going digital only but if they've got pre-orders laid out then sign me the fuck up.

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But Bayonetta (and Devil May Cry) wasn't a brawler at all, so that comparison doesn't fit. Also, how can it have very simplistic gameplay and complex combat?
The combat certainly isn't "simplistic", it takes a lot of time to master. Try turning DMC3 onto max difficulty and see how many hours it takes to get past the first level.
He's saying the overall gameplay was simple.
As in there's no/little platforming or puzzles to be had, just straight combat.
The combat itself is quite complex.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's saying the overall gameplay was simple.
As in there's no/little platforming or puzzles to be had, just straight combat.
The combat itself is quite complex.

Oh, my bad.

Although really the platforming and puzzles in these hack and slashes usually aren't anything complex. Platforming is usually a glorified sight seeing tour to show off pretty graphics with basically no challenge and little to do outside of move forward and puzzles are your run of the mill switch puzzles or block pushers. They're mainly put in there to keep a game that's quite repetitive from seeming repetitive. If God of War was just 10 hours or whatever of pure combat then it'd get such worse reception for being repetitive and mindless.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
www.pglive.tv

PG are showing footage of Anarchy Reigns live soon (two hours from now), it will include videos of Bayonetta in action and a preview of the soundtrack. I'll be watching so I'll report back if there's anything major.

Also three screens for you
1zof4i.jpg

25ei8n.jpg

3hciic.jpg

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
11 Multiplayer modes.

- Deathmatch 4 player.
- Team deathmatch
- Survival mode
- Cage match
- Death ball (sports) 4v4
- Team battles (assuming 4v4)
- Battle Royal 16 players versus
(more to be announced)

Bayonetta has all her old moves! Character clip will be uploaded soon.

Soundtrack preview was some gangsta rap by Vstylez. Kinda cool, suits the character Black Baron

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeO1n7fL_zE

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...