Gaming Bayonetta 2 demo thoughts

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
very smooth, gfx do hold up on big screen. main character is hard to pick out on the gamepad imo.(animations etc). seems very fast paced. the gammroah bit is done excently. reminds me of that arcade feel, like you seen itin an arcade.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I really enjoyed it. Like Bayo1 it's super fun to play and was a delight to play through. Considering how disappointing this year has been, I'm glad to see Bayo2 has the potential to be GOTY.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Come on, it's not like there's been much to get excited about.Bayo however makes me feel very excited, in more ways than one.
Despite all the whining I still think Destiny is easily the best game that came out in 2014, and then there's Dark Souls 2 too. I'm sure Bayonetta's all fun and dandy, but definitely not high up there when it comes to GOTY material.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Despite all the whining I still think Destiny is easily the best game that came out in 2014, and then there's Dark Souls 2 too. I'm sure Bayonetta's all fun and dandy, but definitely not high up there when it comes to GOTY material.

Destiny is without doubt one of the most mind numbing games I have ever played. I wanted to like it but it is very very dull and completely lacking in the fun factor. And if a game lacks fun than it's no good to me.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Destiny is without doubt one of the most mind numbing games I have ever played. I wanted to like it but it is very very dull and completely lacking in the fun factor. And if a game lacks fun than it's no good to me.
I guess it depends on your tastes. I bet if Destiny had high school drama and anime skirts in it, you'd be all over it. :P I personally treat it as a "Halo meets Borderlands meets WoW" sort of an experience and for whatever reason it doesn't bore me to come back for more and more just for the sake of newer, better items or trying out the events. Each to his own, but if I were to describe most Destiny reviews I've seen online, I'd have to say that they can be all summarized to one sentence - "this game has flaws and I can't stop playing it", which was my experience as well.

Back to Bayonetta 2 though... boobies, am I right, guys? :tpi:

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guess it depends on your tastes. I bet if Destiny had high school drama and anime skirts in it, you'd be all over it. :P I personally treat it as a "Halo meets Borderlands meets WoW" sort of an experience and for whatever reason it doesn't bore me to come back for more and more just for the sake of newer, better items or trying out the events. Each to his own, but if I were to describe most Destiny reviews I've seen online, I'd have to say that they can be all summarized to one sentence - "this game has flaws and I can't stop playing it", which was my experience as well.

I loved the concept but the execution was disappointing. I can forgive games for having flaws but if the key flaw is dull and reptitive missions than I have no patience for it.

Back to Bayonetta 2 though... boobies, am I right, guys? :tpi:

It had implied nudity :tpi: I like nudity :tpi:

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Awesome demo! The graphics probably could've been better but in terms of gameplay, character design and detailing it's spectacular, I love it already!

Still, my GotY is Super Smash Bros. for the Wii U. Sorry, Bayo.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm not - I will judge the finished product once it's out rather than in advance. That, and you treating the 3DS version as a sampler does not bode well for the 3DS game which was meant to be a self-contained whole. :P

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Nintendo wants to maintain the hype active, so it was smart of them to release the 3DS version and now to get people even more excited they've finally got the Super Smash Bros. Bundle for Europe available via pre-order (£40 with the adapter) but here's the problem: They're supposedly releasing the NGC adapter that only plays one game and that's illogical.

As such, then the adapter is only targeted for the most hardcore Smashers and tournaments (EVO) while everyone else was expecting it to play Wii and Wii U games like Nintendo had stated on an email. Ah *sigh* Nintendo what the hell...

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm enjoying the Bayo 2 demo. I'm still in the first demo session. I had two rounds (buttons then touch). I'm now watching my wife use the touch controls. -is it me or is the damn cutscene audio, extremely low? That's my only problem with this demo.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
The game isn't even out yet and you're already calling it GOTY material? Isn't that a little bit premature, especially with all of the problems the 3DS version has?

Smash 3DS shouldn't be taken as a "sample" for the Wii U version. It's its own game. Its problems (I guess you're referring to the circle pad issue and online lag) are typically avoidable (use less force than using a gc controller and play somewhere with good internet).

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
My 3DS' stick works perfectly yet yesterday I've just seen some idiot on Kotaku has broke plastic parts of their 3DS. It's not a game that literally recognises how brute you are with it.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
just tried the demo and I gotta say, it delivered exactly, what I was expecting of it - fast pased, action filled battling with decent graphic
now if the full version has a decent story too, then I'm definitely gonna pick it up :-)
and probably bayonetta 1, too, didn't play it yet

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The graphics are decent but comparing to the likes of PlayStation 3's Uncharted 2 or even 3, it looks average but hey at least in terms of gameplay it's far superior to Uncharted 3 (more of an interactive movie than a game, sadly).

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never played the first game but I was pleasantly surprised by what I played in the demo. Controls are tight and well responsive for combat, visuals are impressive and the whole game feels large and robust. Really hoping we end up getting a review copy of the game so I can play around with it more, otherwise it's a definite day one buy for me~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, @AncientBoi my condolences to both of you