Bayonetta 1 & 2 to be de-listed from the JP and EU Nintendo Wii U eShop next week

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    Digital distribution is the best dont you know. Always online consoles are even better.

Borgman2018 likes this.
  2. Keir

Keir Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Got these on disc. Is the frame rate really a reason to get 2 on Switch?

3. YukidaruPunch

YukidaruPunch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2017
    Brazil
    As far as I'm aware, it seems 2 drops a lot of frames and stays around the 50s a lot of the time. Switch is 1080/60 if I'm not mistaken. You could look at a Digital Foundry comparison video for more info.

Bayonetta 1 is actually a triple buffered vSync game on Wii U, which means the game doesn't drop frames or cuts them in half in order to mantain the speed, but rather it slows down - which sucks as this is a timing-based combo game. It's not that bad at the beginning but some latter areas and endgame can be downright horrible. The scryscaper level and drowning blimp are a downright tragedy. It's a shame they didn't double buffer instead. It's 1080/60 locked on Switch as far as I'm aware, and the best console version alongside the original 360 version played on a Xbox One X.

Edit: my bad, it's only 720p on Switch! Wtf!

Last edited by YukidaruPunch, Sep 15, 2019
    Keir likes this.
  4. Vivisector

Vivisector Member

Newcomer
    Jan 13, 2019
    United States
    I mean there are physical copies and its on Switch now too so this isn't a HUGE loss, just another step in the eventual shutdown of the WiiU. Anyone placing bets on how much more time the eShop has?

5. Keir

Keir Member

Newcomer
    Oct 23, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Interesting. Sounds like the PC version might be the way to go for the first game.

Borgman2018 and YukidaruPunch like this.