Bayonetta 1 & 2 to be de-listed from the JP and EU Nintendo Wii U eShop next week

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Sep 10, 2019.

1. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

GBAtemp Patron
    the_randomizer is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Wii U is an appealing console to mod :P

2. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi GBAtemp Official Lolimaster

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    as a lolicon, that's actually an improvement.

Last edited by Sakitoshi, Sep 11, 2019
  3. warweeny

warweeny GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2011
    Netherlands
    Erhm, your point?

In case it flew over your head, i meant buy/download from the official store, not some pirate site.

Paolosworld likes this.
  4. TangentingTangerines

TangentingTangerines Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2015
    United States
    Maybe it's a licensing issue? Bayonetta 1 was published by Sega and has a shit ton of references to Sega games, and both have Nintendo references. It's possible some license that allowed them to sell the Wii U version ran out and they didn't want to bother renewing it.

Scarlet likes this.
  5. Heichart

Heichart GBAtemp Regular

Apr 18, 2010
    Brazil
    Burajiru
    Are you sure? Maybe you could help the people over Delistedgames.

6. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2019
    Russia
    There's a ton of delisted games for both, kiddo. Besides, Nintendo at least cared enough for WiiU to consistently finance/develop heavy-hitters before Switch came along, while Sony basically left Vita to die after a year.

Last edited by Pipistrele, Sep 11, 2019
  7. eyeliner

eyeliner Has an itch needing to be scratched.

Feb 17, 2006
    Portugal
    It's not that whoever wants the game missed the opportunity.

8. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    The problem you run into with most of those games is that, in the case of anything not made for this era of 1080p-8K TVs, (no, they sell them at Best Buy, but you'd have to be Donald Trump to afford them, check it out: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/search...rue&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys), you would have to either go the lazy route and just blow everything up, or re-scale the original assets and tweak the code and deal with any weirdness (did I mention also adding in traditional controls like the SHIELD TV version has in addition to the OG controls that are made to function better with the Switch's gyro functionalities) of the original game. Again, not an impossible task as long as all of the raw data is still there and archived like it was when the final build of the game was compiled and shipped, but that assumes that the world is perfectly logical all the time.

As for remaking all of the New Super Mario Bros. games, I hate to be that guy, but as someone who hasn't played all of them, especially considering how many versions there are that all look very similar to one another, I think just doing one version is perfectly fine in my book. I think a Land + World collection would be better of the compilations, but really, I'd rather see a remake of Sunshine and Galaxy 1 and 2 as someone who would love a convenient way to play all of these games as opposed to being locked to my HTPC which I love dearly, but goddamn is it stationary as opposed to my Switch!

9. warweeny

warweeny GBAtemp Regular

Apr 25, 2011
    Netherlands
    The fact you try to insult using "kiddo" makes you look like a simpleton, so i will treat you like a simpleton.
    Vita even has games released TO THIS DAY (new games keep being released on the platform, but you wouldn't know because you lack the propper knowledge), you can't say that from the wiiu that was actually left for dead.

Vita support from SONY (3rdparty developers support it to this very day) stopped after 7 years, not sure where your claim of "1 year" comes from, must be a butthurt nintendo fanboy. You say delisted games, but as far as i am aware no big games were removed from the store, maybe some exploit shit, but i can't image them removing big titles, like nintendont does.

Don't bother replying btw, i won't react to your low-iq bait, i thought to teach you something in this reply, but i don;t care about you from this point on, you lack proper knowledge anyway.

Last edited by warweeny, Sep 11, 2019
  10. LuigiXHero

LuigiXHero GBAtemp Regular

Dec 16, 2014
    United States
    Pretty sure bayo 2 was a nintendo exclusive. Also I don't see how delisting the games is even a big deal when anyone who owns a wii u and cares about the games they have it already. No one is gonna buy a wii u over getting a switch if they don't have one already.

Don't get why you are so upset over nintendo, if you don't like them fine, but insulting random companies is just strange to me. They all do some stupid shit sometimes.

11. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

Mar 10, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Bayonetta says everyone shut up and listen to me- in bayonetta 3 who wants to see me with blonde hair

12. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Regular

Jan 21, 2019
    Russia
    I didn't mean to insult you with that (quite the opposite, it's a phrase I use for friendly strangers), but if you want to take it that way, I won't stop you.

Sony stopped making games for Vita around 2013, with Japanese division lasting a year more - sure, 3rd party support was there, but Sony did jack crap to support Vita; it just reluctantly allowed the thing to exist for other devs until it kinda died. Nintendo, on the other hand, supported WiiU to its last breath (Breath of the Wild, to be exact :P )

Among delisted PSP and Vita titles, there's Ace Combat, Knights In the Nightmare and Dragon's Crown. Some biggies, I'll say. Besides, both consoles still have more delisted titles than WiiU (according to DelistedGames database at least), so your argument is kinda fragile by default.

Last edited by Pipistrele, Sep 11, 2019
  13. AdenTheThird

AdenTheThird GBATemp's official Weedle fan-HAT-ic!

Apr 1, 2018
    United States
    Route 2
    "If you need to learn how to talk to a lady, ask you mum".
    RIP lol

14. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Mad Dog of Rambling and Insanity

Feb 16, 2017
    United States
    The dude you're replying to is a Soinyboi. I don't know how one can defend a system who's one notable game as far as I'm concerned is Persona 4 Golden (which really should have been a PS3 release IMO) and a bunch of half-assed console ports that no one really gave a shit about, not to mention the outrageous prices for the proprietary memory cards that yes, one could use a converter to use microSD with, but for your average Walmart customer, that's asking too much considering they just want to play *insert mainstream game here* and don't know about anything technical!

15. jeffHuds

jeffHuds Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 11, 2019
    United States
    That's too bad, de-listings of high quality games always make me feel a little sad inside.

16. Grmmish

Grmmish GBAtemp Fan

Sep 6, 2018
    United States
    LOL How is this conversation relevant to Bayonetta being de-listed from the Eshop? XDD

Also... SONY doesn't make games, they make hardware, right? They fund companies like Santa Monica and I believe Naughty Dogs and such to make games for them... A video game system doesn't "Die" when the creators do not make games (anymore) for it. It dies when they officially no longer support the system. Meaning they shut down servers, stop selling their products/accessories related to it and make it no longer official to develop for the system, as far as I know, as even still. It being "Dead" is quite subjectable but can be narrowed down to the company that legally owns it no longer supports it in such areas... Vita still has games releasing today, still has its servers up, still being sold as far as I know and even got a firmware update a few times recently...
    Nintendo still sells Wii U and its accessories. It also still has the eShop and online servers up. Sure Nintendo wants to make you buy a Switch instead... But clearly they still support a system that is very much still alive, even if very limited amount of people may or may not play it right now until they stop support? It is also very still official to sell games on it still, unlike me right now making a SNES game and making cartridges for it. Officially developing, selling and being supported by the system's owners. Just like Vita.
    What is happening in this thread? ?_?
    As for the sake of this very irrelevant, off-topic argument, please do not use subjectable points like "The only notable games on it is "My opinion", "That game should not even have been released on it", and "The prices for their memory cards were too high."

come on, friend. Please do a little better than that. :S

Last edited by Grmmish, Sep 11, 2019
  17. Essasetic

Essasetic Neutral

Jun 16, 2018
    United Kingdom
  18. YukidaruPunch

YukidaruPunch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2017
    Brazil
    Losing things sucks. Removing access to things sucks, expiring licenses suck. Everyone's got their own time to do things and it's not like they all can do what they want just because they want to. Surely the number of people who will feel this absence is few, but it's sad that the option is being taken away anyway.

I live in Brazil and the costs of videogames here (specially Nintendo!) is prohibitive. I bought a used Wii U back in 2017 and I was lucky the person also had the Bayonetta bundle so I could buy it from them. I got lucky, but that doesn't always happens, and I shouldn't downplay it just because it didn't happen to me.

One of my all-time favourite games, OutRun 2006, is unavailable on Steam ever since 2013. I want to buy it, but I can't. It sucks this is a situation.

In a perfect world everybody would have easy access to a Switch and the delisting of a game would have no repercussions whatsoever, but we don't live in a perfect world. Even for preservation purposes, the early delisting of a title means it becomes harder for it to be easily available for anyone who wishes to try it. It's a bad situation all around, even if it's not the end of the world by itself - but it still means people have less options for something.

So, yeah. It sucks for the customer. I can understand why it happens because of licensing issues, but it's not like it's ever been a good thing that a good thing is no longer available to anyone who might ever want to get it.

19. Ortainu

Ortainu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Well...

Crap.

20. VinsCool

VinsCool Cattus Incerta Tacitusque

GBAtemp Patron
    VinsCool is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2014
    Canada
    Another World
    Last edited by VinsCool, Sep 12, 2019
    Captain_N likes this.