Bayonetta 1, 2, and 3 coming to Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Scarlet, Dec 8, 2017.

1. Windaga

Windaga GBAtemp Maniac

Sep 12, 2009
    United States
    New England
    Additionally, it's $50 if you want just Bayonetta 2. And if, for some reason, you played Bayonetta 2 and not Bayonetta 1, you can buy the latter for just $30. It's a great deal.

2. InsaneNutter

InsaneNutter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Yorkshire, UK
    Don't get me wrong Bayonetta is a great series, however i've got mixed feelings about this.

The Switch needs more new games, not another port of a Wii U game and an 8+ year old multi platform game.

3. chartube12

chartube12 Captain Chaz 86

Mar 3, 2010
    United States

i will 100% be honest. I was surprised there arn't LoZ customes for the XenoBlade 2 characters and amiibo support to unlock them faster. Especially since mario n BotW both did it.

4. digipimp75

digipimp75 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 16, 2014
    United States
    Things sure are looking bright for the Switch!

5. shahanshah

shahanshah GBAtemp Regular

Sep 5, 2015
    Italy
    No one wanted to buy a WiiU, and it's a shame so many good games are stuck on a system no one wants. I'd love to see more ports instead of having to buy an irrelevant console. Also, Bayo 3 is a new game, isn't it?

DarthDub likes this.
  6. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    This time it's on a console that people actually bought. That makes it a special edition. xD

Did you miss the Bayonetta 3 announcement in this same thread?

Last edited by Xzi, Dec 8, 2017
  7. DaFixer

DaFixer Dare to be stupid

Aug 29, 2010
    Netherlands
    In my mencave ;)
    Great news, finally I can play Bayo 2 without buying the WiiU.
    And play Bayo 1 finally in 60fps.

I go for the special edition ;)

8. Scarlet
    OP

Scarlet A Convenient Oddity

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Scarlet is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 7, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Middleish North-Left
    I somewhat disagree with you here. The Switch benefits hugely from a balance of original games and ports; especially if those ports are rescuing games from the obscurity of the Wii U. More Wii U games will come, Mario 3D World and Mario Maker spring to mind as big hitters that'll sell well a second time (probably even better). It's not as though these ports are stopping the unique games from being developed, there's still a steady stream of them.

Cosmic_Link, Xzi and Psi-hate like this.
  9. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Not sure how trustworthy VGChartz is, but according to them, Bayonetta 2 on the Wii U sold just below the sales of Bayonetta of the other consoles.

Memoir likes this.
  10. Spectral Blizzard

Spectral Blizzard GBATemp's Only Racist Stereotypical Feminist

Banned
    Jun 17, 2017
    United States
    Everywhere
    Ho
    ly
    SH-
    Wait, who's Bayonetta again?

11. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Advanced Maniac | Dev | Trans

GBAtemp Patron
    Dr.Hacknik is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    inside your fridge
    It looks like it's time for me to switch from the Wii U.

SquidGuy likes this.
  12. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Psycho!

May 5, 2013
    United States
    And let me whine among the stars.

If only they had also announced a new game for the Switch. They really should make a Bayonetta 3.

Last edited by grossaffe, Dec 9, 2017
    GamingAori, Memoir, Xzi and 1 other person like this.
  13. Psi-hate

Psi-hate GBATemp's Official Psi-Hater

Dec 14, 2014
    United States
    Houston
    Never played Bayonetta, never had the want to buy it on my WiiU. I'm really happy that 1+2 & 3 are coming to Switch, because now I can actually play them on a system that I thoroughly enjoy supporting. I've spent well over $500 on switch games in the 9 months it's been out and I still have a handful I've yet to buy. These 3 games are gonna pile onto that, and I'm broke as is anyway! I'm glad that WiiU ports are coming to Switch for a second breath (Xenoblade X please!) and original games are looking even better.

Xzi likes this.
  14. farmin

farmin Advanced Member

Jun 22, 2011
    Australia
    I've honestly been hoping for this port since the Switch released, with the announcent of Bayo 3 alongside this I really don't see a downside.

15. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Depends, did you already pay $60 for it on wii u, and willing to pay $60 again for it on switch? To me, YES It is a downside. Unless it is reduced price, then that was my point. If you didn't buy the game on wii u then you are fine to say that there is no downside. If you did and don't mind paying $60 again for it, then you can say there is no downside. :mellow:

Is fine if you feel that way, but I don't believe in charging same full price for a port, that isn't common as far as I known and seen other games get published like that on other systems.

16. Xzi

Xzi All your base are belong to the proletariat

pip Contributor
    Dec 26, 2013
    United States
    Spiraling Out
    We don't have any pricing info yet. Could be $40 or less for Bayo 1+2, though I imagine the third game will be a full $60 since it's new.

17. shadow1w2

shadow1w2 Still here.

Mar 16, 2004
    United States
    CA
    Bayonetta 2 originally came in a double back with Bayonetta 1.
    I don't plan on buynig a Switch any time soon but if the first two are at least packaged together and the third can fit along side it just fine, I might buy the games before I get the console.
    Though I hope the pack of the first two are atleast budget priced.
    I'd rather have a pack of all three and I'd want them all on physical carts, no digital dumb stuff.
    Though really hope this means we see some more Platinum games on the Switch as that might be a little more incentive for me to get one, sides a New Pro XL F-zero Edition one.

18. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    Yeah, I'll would even take each game on separate carts. I rather that they done that than make it digital. Although, one and two on one cart would have been nice.

19. zepmike

zepmike Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2017
    United States
    Excited for all three of these. I actually had 1+2 on Wii U but didn't finish them. At this point, probably not going back to Wii U, so I'm glad to have that console's best games not trapped on it (hoping Smash 4 DX announcement comes soon too).

20. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    ...just when you thought there were enough reasons to buy a switch... I plan to pick up a switch someday, then go on a buying spree. :P

Last edited by godreborn, Dec 9, 2017
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted