Hacking Baught 3.70 vita but can't access the ps store. What should I do?

NyleTheRiver

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi! I am new to vita hacking and have just bought a phat vita console with firmware 7.0 but I cant install a psp game to install trinity or activate my vita without installing a system update. I have tried the ps store dns hack but that didn't work for me. What should I do now? Should I update and then wait for an exploit or should I wait on 3.70. Thank you!

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
* (If on 3.69/70, the Vita must already be activated and you must have a PSP game/mini installed already, otherwise you cannot proceed to use the Trinity exploit. It's not confirmed yet if the old method of transferring a PSP game/mini from a PS3 to the Vita works, but should have some more info in the future)*

Copy and pasted from the pinned hack newb thread.

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I am new to vita hacking and have just bought a phat vita console with firmware 7.0 but I cant install a psp game to install trinity or activate my vita without installing a system update. I have tried the ps store dns hack but that didn't work for me. What should I do now? Should I update and then wait for an exploit or should I wait on 3.70. Thank you!
Try to reset de account (Restore to factory settings via recovery mode and in the beggining of the setup.. Put the account with WiFi enable..remember that the initial setup the psvita wont ask to update).
After that, put the henkaku DNS e try to sign in the PSN through PSN bubble in the live area, if it still working.. download the PSP game demo and active your psvita..

Last edited by Bergot,
Reactions: hhrocha and dragonz

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try to reset de account (Restore to factory settings via recovery mode and in the beggining of the setup.. Put the account with WiFi enable..rembember that initial setup the psvita wont ask to update),
After that put the henkaku DNS e try to sign in the PSN through PSN bubble in the live area, if it still working download the PSP game demo and active your psvita).

I hope this works!

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im not at home right now and i just ask to know if it worked or not, so i dont need to wast time trying in case if not working.
The OP didn't return if it worked... I passed the procedure that worked for a friend.

After put the new account/ or the same account from the scratch...put the henkaku DNS

Primary : 212.47.229.76
Secondary: 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4

Last edited by Bergot,
Reactions: hhrocha

hhrocha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The OP didn't return if it worked... I passed the procedure that worked it for a friend.

After put the new account/ or the same account from the scratch...put the henkaku DNS

Will try it then when i get home.
Thanks

dragonz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The OP didn't return if it worked... I passed the procedure that worked for a friend.

When OP does not return that means it probably worked. LOL

Reactions: Bergot

HaseebTehsin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did the same a few days back it worked. I was on 3.70 (un-hacked) and was being asked to update to 3.71 if I wanted to download any games (including demos). I reset the vita and created a new account (thought the demo wasn't available in my old account). Formatted the card for new account. Changed the DNS and then I was able to download demo without updating to 3.71. Went ahead with trinity and downgraded to 360. Hope this helps.

Bergot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the same a few days back it worked. I was on 3.70 (un-hacked) and was being asked to update to 3.71 if I wanted to download any games (including demos). I reset the vita and created a new account (thought the demo wasn't available in my old account). Formatted the card for new account. Changed the DNS and then I was able to download demo without updating to 3.71. Went ahead with trinity and downgraded to 360. Hope this helps.
Excellent!!

K_G_B

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When OP does not return that means it probably worked. LOL

I tried this method and unless I did something wrong, it did not work for me. After editing the DNS settings, there is no "OK" button to tap to save. Only the cancel button is highlighted.

LalouchViBrittannia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K.G.B. said:
I tried this method and unless I did something wrong, it did not work for me. After editing the DNS settings, there is no "OK" button to tap to save. Only the cancel button is highlighted.

I know this thread is a little old, but for K.G.B, this is how you can keep 3.70 while doing what they were talking about.

1. Boot up ps vita in safe mode (hold power+right shoulder+PS button)
2. Select restore
3. When it boots up. it will say the memory card is linked to whatever you PSN account is and will ask if it's yours. Say no and that you do not have an account.
4. Format memory card
5. when everything boots up, go to settings/system and make sure to turn off auto update
6. now go to network and set up your wifi with a manual ip and use 212.47.229.76
7. Go to ps store
8. It will ask you to create an account or use existing. I was able to use my existing account, but only from this point. When formatting the card (if you have one, not sure how slim deals with the account link thing) if you try to use your account here you will be asked to upgrade before being able to download a psp demo).
9. Locoroco demo is no longer available but there are a ton of PSP demos still. Download and it will ask you to sign in and set a few preferences.

The steps are more or less in order. I'm sorry I didn't write it as I did it, I wasn't sure it would work. I will say that the only things that might be out of order are parts of steps, not the steps as a whole. I apologize again, however if you use this guide any part out of order will be obvious and you'll be able to succeed. It's solid enough to keep anyone with half a brain from making a mistake. I hope that I didn't write this SO late that nobody ever needs it.a

Last edited by LalouchViBrittannia,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr