Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
500x_battlefield34_01.jpg
QUOTE said:
EA sweetens the deal for players picking up the limited edition of the modern-day Medal of Honor reboot on October 12, with a beta invite for DICE's highly anticipated Battlefield 3 in every package.

We've heard nary a peep regarding Battlefield 3 since EA COO John Pleasants mentioned it back in June of 2009. All we've known since then is that the game is in development.

Now we know a sure-fire way to get into the beta.

Along with some extra weapons and a remastered version of Medal of Honor: Frontline (exclusive to the PlayStation 3 version), picking up the $59.99 limited edition of Medal of Honor ensures players a spot in the Battlefield 3 beta test, which should happen within twelve months of Medal of Honor's release, according to the EA beta website.

Medal of Honor goes on sale on October 12 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC. I get the feeling sales numbers will be much higher now that this news has hit.
Source

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Electronic Arts has announced that the Limited Edition of Medal of Honor will come with an invitation to the Battlefield 3 beta. That comes on top of the weapons, ammo and camoflauge that the Limited Edition already offers. The offer is contingent on the beta coming within 12 months of the release of Medal of Honor. As that game launches on October 12 in North America, you can expect the beta to take place sometime in 2011.

This also comes as the first official announcement of Battlefield 3, which was previously only confirmed to be in development during financial talks. Battlefield 3 will apparently come to Xbox 360, PC, and PlayStation 3. Xbox Live Gold membership will be required for access to the Battlefield 3 beta on Xbox 360.

The other Limited Edition pack-ins include the MP-7 and two special shotguns. The PS3 version will include the full game Medal of Honor Frontline, remastered in HD. All Limited Edition versions are listed at a price of $59.99 in the US, suggesting that EA is following a plan similar to what it did for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 where all new copies bought at or near launch included the bonus content.

Source

Why is it that betas are hardly actual betas anymore, but just selling points? Tons of people bought Crackdown purely for the Halo 3 beta. Same goes for Halo ODST and the Halo Reach beta. Betas in these areas are hardly actual testing grounds to help make a final product but more of a "HEY YOU CAN PLAY THIS GAME'S MULTIPLAYER FOR A LIMITED TIME IF YOU BUY THIS GAME!" I guess it doesn't help that Medal of Honor seems to be getting rather negative responses.

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Look 3 posts below, you know what to do.
wink.gif

But yeah, with the point you made, betas are becoming more and more restricted to people who buy a game and get it as a bonus,
it's a pretty dastardly way to try and promote the game and sell more.

TheWingless

Wafuu~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hooray! Battlefield 3. Though I've never played BF2. I have played BC2, but some people consider that at a different level as BF2 though. Here's to hoping for even larger scale battles(64?) and mod tools. It'd be nice to see that.

Though I DID play in the MoH Beta and did the survey, but no bug testing as I didn't play much and the ones I found were major and reported on many forums. As for the game play... It felt off... Didn't like it. Well the beta is over now? I think.

Another thing about the betas they've done, it seems that keys on previous betas work or even those EA redeem codes for like Dragon Age, so you may not even have to buy MoH for a beta key, unless they improve the system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?