Battle Styluses now available for the lite

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by HugeCock, Aug 15, 2006.

Aug 15, 2006
  1. HugeCock
    OP

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    [​IMG]

I bought this product for my original DS and I have to say it kicked major ASS. Pretty stoked its finally available on the DSLite. Gonna grab me one as soon as my DS lite gets back from the shop, then I'll let you all know what I think.

2. Hero-Link

Member Hero-Link Hero of Derrr

Portugal
    where did you got them? [​IMG]

3. Takeshi

Member Takeshi GBAtemp Addict

Germany
  4. Mucuna

Member Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Brazil
    Sorry, butwhy does it kick ass?

5. HugeCock
    OP

Member HugeCock Oh My....

United States
    LOL my bad I was so excited I forgot to post the source. Thanks Takeshi. For me I'd have to see the response is much tighter with this stylus. The extra weight was also a plus for me as well as the material equallying a much more enjoyable gameplay. Prior to this I was using the stylus from my Sony Clie but the battle stylus easily won me over. I am concerened about the fact that they changed from graphite to chrome but I am still gonna take the expensive dive and give this product a shot. Yes the 15 or 20 bucks I spent on the original stylus was well worth the price.

6. pelago

Member pelago Member

United Kingdom
    This looks like a good stylus. I use a similar heavy metal one which I got for my PDA which feels more substantial and easier to use than the stock Nintendo one, so I imagine this one is similar.

In a perfect world what I'd really like would be a stylus like this but which is also extendable, as longer ones are easier to use. However, I think all the extendable ones that exist, even the metal ones, are quite thin and light, which isn't quite what I want. Has anyone seen a stylus like I just described?

7. apelete

Newcomer apelete Member

France
    I bought one of these, and already receive it.
    I have heard of it before when they released the DS Fat one, and HugeCock was right, it kicks MAJOR ASS !

The stylus is a lot heavier thus more comfortable to use than the stock one. The tip is thinner, more precise, and I chose an orange one, so I can really see what I'm touching even in dark screens. It perfectly fits in the DS Lite, I would have liked a navy stylus to match my DS [​IMG] , but even in chrome, it's more stylish than Nintendo's stylus...

This is my second third party stylus (I have also a comfort stylus), do you think I'm a stylus junkie ? [​IMG]

8. FSSimon

Member FSSimon GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I bought two! One for me and another for a gift. I'm a stylus junkie too. I didn't like the comfort stylus in the end. It was too light and soft. It did not keep its shape.
    I have high hopes for this one though!

9. Pikaash2586

Member Pikaash2586 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Ah, excellent! I was expecting a DS Lite version to be released.

*Proceeds to wait for its arrival*

10. chooch81

Newcomer chooch81 Advanced Member

11. TheVirus

Member TheVirus GBAtemp Fan

Uganda
    15 bucks for a sliver of metal? That's a bit stiff. I'd pay ~3-5 each. Thanks, but no thanks.

12. Hypnotoad

Member Hypnotoad GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's funny, I use the metal stylus from my Treo for the same reasons.

13. Sick Wario

Member Sick Wario Club Nintendo

United Arab Emirates
    hey those battle styli look sweet, but after trying a few other styli, 3rd party DS, palm stylus, ipaq stylus, I have found the best I've ever held. anybody interested it is available at Future SHop in canada

enter the belkin quadra
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage...duct_Id=137353#

now it comes with pen/stylus/LED light/laser pointer etc out of the box, great shape and a nice pointed nub for finer control than the rounded DS stylus. however the thing felt unbalanced... the soloution was to unscrew the back end containing the batteries, LED and laser pointer. now I have a point tipped, perfectly balanced, nicely weighted elegant stylus. check it out

before
    [​IMG]

after
    [​IMG]

14. FSSimon

Member FSSimon GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I got my PDA panache stylus this week. Really like itso far. The weight and balance are perfect. Works great with True Swing Golf (320 yard drives), MPH, Starfox. Also great for scribling in Warioware and drawing circles in Ouedan and Mawasunda.
    Still, it's expensive.

15. killyourself

Newcomer killyourself Newbie

holy crap that thing looks ugly. if they made one in the same fashion as the DS lite's shell then id consider getting one.

16. ooheadsoo

Newcomer ooheadsoo Member

United States
    Does the battle stylus fit flush into the dslite?

17. GameDragon

Member GameDragon Mugiwara RAWR!

United States
    It should, I mean it was designed specifically for the DSL, right?

18. ooheadsoo

Newcomer ooheadsoo Member

United States
    Hey, third party stuff, you never know. Have you tried it?

19. Spikey

Member Spikey Your Special Someone

United States
    I own the battle stylus and have had it for quite a while now. It works quite well and fits flush. It also looks major sexy sitting inside my already sexy black DS Lite. It looks quite professional and looks to be made for the DS Lite. A great buy overall.

Although on a negative point, I seem to get sweaty hands more often while playing Ouendan with it than with the plastic stock stylus with DS Lite. Although the opposite was true with DS Phat. Sweaty hand with stock stocks on the Phat while the battle stylus changed that. However, I have glad to report that out of all the games I play, Ouendan is the only game that it happens to be on. Not any other does.

Hope that my comments have helped all of you. [​IMG]

20. iza

Member iza gbatemp, the new crack

United States
    Is anyone getting the Death Jr. Scythe Stylus?