Batterycheck - Remake of an old PC platformer

Archerite Nov 14, 2018.

1. niuus

niuus GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Hey! I finally got around to test it today, as i was out traveling again and couldn't arrive sooner. I used the GC port, did not try with the Wii. Worked perfect!

I'll be answering you soon regarding the WUPC support.

Last edited by niuus, Jun 9, 2019
    Archerite likes this.
  2. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    @Archerite So! I finally tested BatteryCheck for Wii. It went along smooth. It looks beautiful on the component signal on the LCD, i gotta say (and on the PVM).

My WUPC gets detected as Player 1 as soon as i touch/activate it, whether i use the Gamecube controller to load BatteryCheck or not. Also tested with GC controller plugged/unplugged on the first port, made no difference.

Last edited by niuus, Jun 9, 2019
  3. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Hi @Archerite! How's the project coming along? I miss your long write-ups to see what's up. :grog:

Archerite likes this.
  4. Archerite
    OP

Archerite GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2018
    Netherlands
    Hi niuus, I know it's been a while since I posted anything here. That is mostly because I have been working on other things and had much less free time to spend on them.
    It had nothing to do with Batterycheck and some of it not even game related, but maybe I will do a long blog post about it in a few days :lol:.

To give an idea about it I have been diving into the mysterious world of how gamecube modchips work and especially the XenoGC. I did post a few things about this before and even on my blog already. The main goal for me is, again learning ofcourse, and getting homebrew running MUCH faster without a disc in the drive. Hopefully :D

Last edited by Archerite, Jul 12, 2019
  5. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    Oh! Your project about the modchip! That's also a great and interesting matter. Nice to know you're around.

6. Archerite
    OP

Archerite GBAtemp Regular

Sep 16, 2018
    Netherlands
    I just noticed I have not responded or posted anything for almost two months now! It's not that I have abandoned the project(s) but I have just been a little short on free time. :shy:

Offtopic: Reasons for less time

Thanks to everyone who have tried it so far and is still interested in following the progress, I will get back on it in a few months (or weeks). I do think the little break I took will refresh my perspective on a few things and hopefully result in some new features before the end of the year!

niuus likes this.
  7. niuus

Mar 4, 2016
    Venezuela
    I was wondering last week where you might have been :rofl:. Enjoy your time off!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted