Battery US DS lite flashed problem sorta..

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by bradtn, Jun 12, 2006.

Jun 12, 2006
  1. bradtn
    OP

Newcomer bradtn Advanced Member

Canada
    ok so today i sucessfully flashed my US ds lite w00t superpass 2 and supercard SD

everything is great all my games work but after a couple hours of playing my LED went green to red sorta back and forth and then stayed conistantly red. i looked in manual and says that it is low battery. But i booted the DS without the supercard in and on the main menu shows full battery life? any ideas why this is happening and or if the battery is actually low or not?

2. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    The battery icon on the ds menu will only change from full when the light on the ds goes from green to red.

3. faceless

Member faceless pink sugar heart attack

United States
    the supercard (and other flashkits) use up more battery than a regular cart, so the ds' hw check is detecting close to the minumum charge due to that... so the answer is.. if you're playing a game on a flashcart, yes, the battery is low... and if you played a regular game, the battery light would be red in under an hour or so...

4. Tir

Member Tir GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    The Supercard guzzles up more power than any other flash solution, but it shouldn't be that short. Do you have it on highest brightness?

5. bradtn
    OP

Canada
    second highest i remember reading the ds lites battery time was like what 19 hours? how severely is it cutting that down?

6. Cheeez

Member Cheeez GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    I would say, assuming the lite gets 19 hours tops, you would get 14 hours tops with a supercard.

7. REL1203

Member REL1203 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I also though using a cart cut your batt life in Half, anything over that is a bonus in my eyes

8. bradtn
    OP

Canada
    with 14 hours with supercard then how come it turned red after like im guessing 5 hours of play

9. bradtn
    OP

Canada
    what bothers me is how it shows full battery on the DS boot dashboard

10. Lily

Former Staff Lily One Scary Lady

Canada
    19 hours is the max under ideal conditions. I.E. you're playing Tetris or Zoo Keeper on the lowest brightness setting. Playing a game that reads from the DS card a lot + higher brightness = less play time. Playing with SuperCard = way less time. I managed to drain my DS Chubby in 4 hours, 25 min after a full charge using the SuperCard.

11. CatScam

Member CatScam ScamaRama!

United States
    This is what I’ve noticed when it comes to battery life.

1. It will take a few charges & some time before your battery reaches optimal performance.
    2. If Nintendo says 19 hours & your running a Supercard cut that time in half, so you get 8, 9.
    3. If your running a M3 you’ll end up losing another half hour, I get better life with my SC.
    4. If your not flashed & are running a pass card you’ll lose another 1 to 2 hours.
    5. Your screen brightness will also play a big part in battery life.

Many factors play into battery life, the type of games, continuous streaming off the
    SD card such as MP3’s or movies is a killer. So there is no exact number. [​IMG]

12. directive0

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    sorry to dig up old topics, but I have a problem pertaining to this issue in a sense.

I've noticed that when I charge my DS since I've been using the SC-lite and superkey (not saying its related, just noticed) that it won't show the green "Fully Charged" light once its done charging. As far as I can tell all lights are working as they should, its solid green when in use, flashing when in wifi/;sleep mode, orange when charging, but no light comes on after it has charged for an extended period.

Anyone experienced something similair?

13. Arnold Schwarzen

Member Arnold Schwarzen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Well, the light should go off after you've charged the DS (if you've had it turned off while charging(.

14. directive0

Member directive0 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    aha, well then theres the problem. Thanks for clearing that up. Thought I saw it turn solid green after charging when I first got it, must have been my error.

Thanks again.

15. michaelf

Newcomer michaelf Advanced Member

United States
    I recently swapped from using a ds lite I got at the US launch to a new black one. I have noticed I get less time out of my battery so I'm wondering if perhaps something happened with newer models. I also just might be paranoid.

16. Mucuna

Member Mucuna GBAtemp Fan

Brazil

Possibly they installed a battery with lower mah than before.

Lower costs! (but you pay the same)

17. Kliviwiki

Newcomer Kliviwiki Member

Brazil
    My old DS takes about 3h 15min to completely charge the battery. How long should it last with the light on, with an EZ Flash 3 and nothing in slot 1? Mine doesn't last long, but I haven't measured the time...