Battery Status

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Javacat, Aug 4, 2007.

Aug 4, 2007

Battery Status by Javacat at 3:01 AM (1,459 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. Javacat
    OP

Member Javacat GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Are there any homebrew apps available that can tell me the amount of charge remaining in the DS (% wise)? I did a quick search on this forum but nothing related turned up.

I read somewhere that the G6 has an icon on its main menu that shows this, so it should be possible.

2. yee

Member yee DOTA 4EVER

Canada
    I thought the DS Lite could only recognize when it has battery life and low battery life (green/red).

3. ZeWarrior

Member ZeWarrior TheWarrior

Brazil
    That's correct. It would be impossible for a Homebrew that can do that because the DS only list good or bad battery life. This has been asked a couple times, next time search [​IMG]

4. Javacat
    OP

Member Javacat GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the info. I did search, but couldn't find anything.

5. swiitness

Member swiitness GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Got a question relating to battery status. How many of you guys decide to charge the DS Lite as soon as you see it has a red light on?

Or do you guys actually keep on playing till its dead to the point of not switching on until recharged?

6. Heran Bago

Member Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

United States
    And risk losing non-saved progress? BAH!

7. OSW

Former Staff OSW Wii King

Australia
    if a charger is available i will charge it when it gets red. if i'm away from home, i might keep playing for a little while, but i will eventually turn it off before it shuts itself off (so i don't lose saves etc).

8. swiitness

Member swiitness GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Yeah I do the same thing, I tend to charge it up straight away.

Reason I ask is coz it got me thinking, the manual states on the lowest setting the battery could last for 15 hours between charges and I'm assuming this is based on going from full charge to absolutely no charge left at all (eg 100% down to ~0%). So would it be fair to say that battery life is less than the manual states, based on our charging habit?